Maybe an inch or two on the NAM for Monday in most of SNE. Possibly a little higher down near south coast if they can accumulate efficiently.
I’m still pretty skeptical about that threat for much more than a C-1” but not impossible to pick up more if some pretty nice fronto can get going for 3-4 hours.
06z only goes out to 90 hours. But it looks like 00z at that point, maybe a hair slower as Chris mentioned many posts back. The 06z EPS is coming now out and we’ll be able to see the storm as those go out to 144.
Amazing how different the GFS and GEFS are from the other guidance. Don’t want to totally toss guidance out at 4-4.5 days out, but it’s hard to think they are right.
NAO on cpc calf is like -1 for the event. It’s not your massive -3 SD block from 2010 or 2011 but it’s definitely a -NAO.
The 50/50 low is exceptionally strong so that sort of make the block “act” stronger than it really is on a temporary basis.
It’s not creating a traffic jam slowing the flow down to a crawl though. The 50/50 low is still moving and the storm steadily moves out instead of rotting for 36 hours.
00z icon is crazy amped. Getting big banding into dendrite land.
Ukie running late..it was pretty flat at 12z and was hoping to see if it trended north at all at 00z, but I’m not waiting up for it any longer. Euro can wait 4+ days out.
There is the required GFS choke job if we’re going to get a big storm. It seems to puke on itself in almost every one. Usually a lot closer to the event than this though.
That is an UGLY GFS suite tonight. But we’ll see if it’s supported or not by other guidance. GGEM so far says no....84h NAM (if you want to count that) didn’t support it either.
12z Reggie wasn’t on board either.
Kind of skeptical of that threat but who knows. Sometimes a sneaky band on northern edge could produce a couple inches.