Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Potential - Part 6

dryslotted

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL

I can't help but laugh at this situation. Following weather like this is liable to drive a man insane. Just as the media outlets around here are doing, I'm going to keep playing this one conservative. As quick as the models dropped the storm they brought it right back, which makes me think they can just as easily drop it again. But in the mean time, a consensus across the board is pretty impressive. Let's hope the radar looks that way 48 hours from now.

BTW, I'm saving those MM5 images just because of how epic and awesome they are, even if they don't verify.

P.S. This site is being bombarded, I can tell. Lots of slow down.

I'd ask you to keep us posted, but I'd hate to monopolize the time of such a wheeler and dealer...

On the contrary, its pretty simple work after the initial phone calls. Unlike storm chasing, once its set up (live streaming video) that's about all there is to it in a snow event. I'll let you know if I end up on any of the local/national stations. Trust me when I say I'm enjoying this snow storm as much as the next guy purely for the rarity of the event coming in.

EDIT: Plus I'll have the live stream up online for viewing as well.

Baroclinic Instability is a pretty damn good meteorologist.

I second this endorsement! Not to point fingers, but some of the meteorologists who work for the government seem to be a bit biased and take a "party line." The independent ones dont show that bias.

On the contrary, its pretty simple work after the initial phone calls. Unlike storm chasing, once its set up (live streaming video) that's about all there is to it in a snow event. I'll let you know if I end up on any of the local/national stations. Trust me when I say I'm enjoying this snow storm as much as the next guy purely for the rarity of the event coming in.

I hear you, just having a little fun myself. Good luck getting everything setup and Merry Christmas...

Anyone that thinks this is a lock with 100% certainty has not been paying much attention.

Your not kidding but if 12 Z shows Similar across the board than I will feel better about things..Less than 48 hr's from storm with consensus and still not 100% sold that is how much of a wild ride this week has been following this storm.

EDIT: Plus I'll have the live stream up online for viewing as well.

Actually you might have better tv shots down the jersey shore somewhere on a boardwalk where they might experience tropical storm force winds! wow! this is gonna be one heck of a storm!! :snowman:

Euro still is King..It had the idea way before anyone else.. but give the GFS some love if this pans out..it lead the way to the promised Land ! Crazy part still a full day before the storm even starts so anything can still happen with this roller coaster ride !

I have to give the Euro lots of credit for being so consistent with this solution, even if it did lose it for a few runs. The GFS also deserves a lot of credit since it was the first to pick back up on the trend right after the Euro lost it.

Archived