Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 4th-6th Winter Storm

Powerball

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This storm has my interest. I'm just not sure how far north this bad boy can go. I've been burned to many times when the models showed a major snowstorm just south of my area and it ends up being an Indianapols special with a cold rain here.

I wouldn't think this would go any further north (though stranger things have happened I guess). Looks very good for anyone along or south of the OH River.

Oh, look at that. Another east coast snowstorm, while we fiddle around with a silly snow/mixed/rain mess...

Aside from Boston, the east coast and lower OH Valley haven't necessarily been running laps around us either...

But indeed, the past couple of weeks have been treating them well.

This is quite an odd setup, but surely would be a thread the needle if it works out!  GFS says no, but almost every other model is going for it.  Will have to check out the Euro ens later....almost want to say it is a question now of nailing down the exact placement of the heavy band but the cautious side of me says to wait another 12 hours.  For all we know, that band of snow may barely even develop.

I would tend to agree it doesn't go much more north, especially from what the NAM says.  This thing is riding a pretty hard defined frontal boundary that is trying (but sorta failing) to progress farther east.  Without a significant surface low, it isn't going to push that front back northwest much (if at all).  If anything, I could see the band of snow thinning out on future runs and thus possibly sliding a bit southeast.

I'm all or nothing at this point.  Give me 8-10+ or nothing at all.   Sick of the salt on the roads but willing to concede if it means the big daddy storm!

This is quite an odd setup, but surely would be a thread the needle if it works out!  GFS says no, but almost every other model is going for it.  Will have to check out the Euro ens later....almost want to say it is a question now of nailing down the exact placement of the heavy band but the cautious side of me says to wait another 12 hours.  For all we know, that band of snow may barely even develop.

I would tend to agree it doesn't go much more north, especially from what the NAM says.  This thing is riding a pretty hard defined frontal boundary that is trying (but sorta failing) to progress farther east.  Without a significant surface low, it isn't going to push that front back northwest much (if at all).  If anything, I could see the band of snow thinning out on future runs and thus possibly sliding a bit southeast.

I'm all or nothing at this point.  Give me 8-10+ or nothing at all.   Sick of the salt on the roads but willing to concede if it means the big daddy storm!

agree 100% with bolded and underlined.   I know the uk has been pulling coupes lately but this set up just smells southeast trend to me.   I think we would have seen 'something' from the gfs by now too.     UKrocks looks like he's in a sweetspot.  

agree 100% with bolded and underlined.   I know the uk has been pulling coupes lately but this set up just smells southeast trend to me.   I think we would have seen 'something' from the gfs by now too.     UKrocks looks like he's in a sweetspot.  

Couldn't have said it better. I'm just not feeling this one ... yet.

JB made an interesting point on his vid today, and I haven't really put a lot of thought into whether it's right or not, but he said, "have you noticed that storms that have warm air in front of them have trended north, while storm with cold air in front of them have trended south".

Would argue that this one would trend north.  That being said, he like the euro depiction right now....which is still too south for most of us, except for southern OH and KY.

Archived