12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 4th-6th Winter Storm

Powerball

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two wide spread snow events in one year is unheard of here in KY anymore.  Here in eastern KY we wound up with right at 12 inches with the storm two weeks ago.  Looking like a possibility of seeing something similar this time around.  My concern here, though, is there looks to be a decent period of sleet showing up which would cut snow totals down quite a bit.

Good luck. That'd put you at what, 300% of normal on the season? Nice!

I've watched Kentucky get the shaft winter after winter.   Storms always going north of them, and then when cold air finally does come in, everything gets suppressed and places like Alabama and Mississippi end up getting the snows.

I say huge congrats to the bluegrass state.... well deserved and long awaited.

I don't think any congrats should be handed out just yet as even a 100 mile shift changes the whole game. Not saying I want a north shift and a foot of snow because I'm ready for spring but I certainly could see it in the cards

I don't think any congrats should be handed out just yet as even a 100 mile shift changes the whole game. Not saying I want a north shift and a foot of snow because I'm ready for spring but I certainly could see it in the cards

still up in the air for folks futher north....but the consensus for KY to get hammered is pretty solid.

Kinda surprised the 0z GFS didn't come a little further north, comparing/looking at its 500 heights and thermal fields to the 12z run.

Different story for a different thread I guess, but this upgrade hasn't exactly impressed me much. At least you knew the old GFS was always going to be too far southeast/too cold until about 24/36 hours out. :lol:

Archived