joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New weeklies seem to like a more zonal pattern starting the second week of April, with some hints of eastern ridging... nothing that looks terribly persistent or extreme, though. The weeklies have been a little less than stellar over the past several weeks, but the main thing to take away is that the cold season is probably on its last legs. A couple more long-shot storm chances in the next eight days, and then winter cancel I think.

New weeklies seem to like a more zonal pattern starting the second week of April, with some hints of eastern ridging... nothing that looks terribly persistent or extreme, though. The weeklies have been a little less than stellar over the past several weeks, but the main thing to take away is that the cold season is probably on its last legs. A couple more long-shot storm chances in the next eight days, and then winter cancel I think.

Great news! I've had it!

Great news! I've had it!

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. I don't see much to suggest an imminent flip to summer as many would no doubt love to see, but even some prolonged seasonable weather would feel pleasant. Our average is about 53/30 these days, which can definitely be made to work on sunnier days, and would actually be ideal for getting the yard back into shape.

We're running -5F for the month, which is certainly an impressive departure, last month's -13 obscenity notwithstanding. In fact, through yesterday, this has been the seventh coldest March on record at KPOU... just 0.1F warmer than 2014. I'm not sure why this month has felt so much milder than last March. I guess it's a combination of no PV media hype and the relative warmup since February?

edit: this evening's GFS, just to keep you off-balance. ;)

DX6nomK.png

Snow?? lol.. Its been sunny the whole time here

Very strange, I'm 15 miles to the southeast in Highland Mills and it's been snowing steadily light to moderate since 11.

However anytime it goes back to light from moderate I lose any accumulation from the moderate periods of snow in what would be sunny areas.

Anyway it's just nice to see it snowing again. Damn LI. :poster_oops:

Very strange, I'm 15 miles to the southeast in Highland Mills and it's been snowing steadily light to moderate since 11.

However anytime it goes back to light from moderate I lose any accumulation from the moderate periods of snow in what would be sunny areas.

Were some very light snow flurries in warwick earlier. Nothing in highland lakes.

Welcome aboard! BTW nice name lol..

If it happens nearer and after sunset maybe we have a shot at some accumulating snow this time, as opposed to the half inch I received yesterday and the 2-3 inches which only accumulated on the evergreen trees. Pretty much the first time I remember seeing something like that.

I for one, need one more decent snow before this season ends. I feel cheated and envious of LI.

If it happens nearer and after sunset maybe we have a shot at some accumulating snow this time, as opposed to the half inch I received yesterday and the 2-3 inches which only accumulated on the evergreen trees. Pretty much the first time I remember seeing something like that.

I for one, need one more decent snow before this season ends. I feel cheated and envious of LI.

Where in Orange county do you live?

Archived