Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/3-3/4 snow/ice/rain storm

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look closely there are patches of 0.50"+ ZR in NE NJ and Rockland County.

Yea I saw that but that's taking the model verbatim. This set up seems to support more of a sleet scenario than a freezing rain one. We'll see what happens.

My fiance is supposed to be coming into LGA tonight at 10PM. JetBlue is offering fee waivers for tomorrow and Thursday but not today, go figure. 

What's the best way to get from Newark to LGA at that time of night with the least amount of traffic?

On a normal night, there is barely any traffic within that route. Not sure with the weather how things will be. You can either take the RFK bridge through the bronx across the GWB, and down into jersey, which believe it or not has been alot quicker than going through the city. If you want a more direct route, take LIE to the queens midtown tunnel and go thru the city. Avoid the main streets though, Canal, 34th, etc. Just take side roads. I do this trip quite often.

On a normal night, there is barely any traffic within that route. Not sure with the weather how things will be. You can either take the RFK bridge through the bronx across the GWB, and down into jersey, which believe it or not has been alot quicker than going through the city. If you want a more direct route, take LIE to the queens midtown tunnel and go thru the city. Avoid the main streets though, Canal, 34th, etc. Just take side roads. I do this trip quite often.

Thanks, I was wondering if it was worth going all the way up to the GWB in order to avoid midtown. The RFK to the Grand Central is so much more direct and I have no idea how to get to LGA once through the mid-town tunnel.

Thanks, I was wondering if it was worth going all the way up to the GWB in order to avoid midtown. The RFK to the Grand Central is so much more direct and I have no idea how to get to LGA once through the mid-town tunnel.

If the highways are jammed up, go thru queens for sure. Take queens BLVD to the tunnel. I will message you privately.

In/through NYC everything depends on the traffic and that's more uncertain than some of our forecasts, lol.  My advice is to know 2-3 routes in advance and then to check the traffic before deciding  I like BQE/278 down to the Williamsburg Bridge, then across to the Holland and then right to EWR - it's the shortest, fastest route if no traffic, but sometimes Manhattan is just a mess, so it can pay to go 8-9 miles out of your way to take the GWB if you're going 60 mph instead of 5 mph - you just never know.  

In/through NYC everything depends on the traffic and that's more uncertain than some of our forecasts, lol. My advice is to know 2-3 routes in advance and then to check the traffic before deciding I like BQE/278 down to the Williamsburg Bridge, then across to the Holland and then right to EWR - it's the shortest, fastest route if no traffic, but sometimes Manhattan is just a mess, so it can pay to go 8-9 miles out of your way to take the GWB if you're going 60 mph instead of 5 mph - you just never know.

This.

I know the city very well but I still use Google maps or waze to chart my route due to traffic and potential traffic incidents.

Archived