joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 20th-21st Winter Storm OBS/Discussion

LithiaWx

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appreciate man, but that's they way it is! lol. Glad you got dumped on, I'm sure it want be your last time this winter either!!! What's your temp up there now?

Looks like we are right around 26. Unfortunately I thought I didn't see the Fattys falling anymore and sure enough it is absolutely dumping heavy sleet out there. That band on radar means business.

Not much bouncing out there anymore, pretty much all ZR now at a frosty 25. Woodstove full on keeping the boiler and Roanoke Gas at bay! Radar looks epic but I guess that's snowflakes melting overhead :(

Ughhh

Edit: freezing rain here as well now too blahhh some sleet mixed in but I can feel a lot of drops not good at all especially with the temp and the band of dbz over us.

Ughhh

Edit: freezing rain here as well now too blahhh some sleet mixed in but I can feel a lot of drops not good at all especially with the temp and the band of dbz over us.

Yea, temp up to 26 and other stations warming around us.  Good glaze out there now but hopefully the warming will get this overwith before we have any power problems.

I just seen on FB were Blacksburg  said Lexington Va. got 2 feet today... I know that's not to far north of you.

New Castle, VA also got 18" and that's only about a 30 minute drive NW of Roanoke. So close, but not quite. No complaints though; We were forecasted for only 2-4".

Lgt ZR and 31

I was waiting to see an observation from you. I am at 32.2 with a dew point of 26.5 with light rain just arriving. I will probably see similar results here in the temperature department. I noticed both the RGEM and the GFS keep our areas around freezing or a little below through 1am. Below are the precipitation type maps.

post-1075-0-45598200-1424579190_thumb.pn

Yeah I'm sure we'll go above freezing later on tonight, But I am surprised it fell back below freezing tonight after I got up to 34 today! Did you get any snow this morning? I got just a dusting 3 miles up the road 1-2 inches some places around Mt.Airy 3-4 I heard... Maybe we can get lucky we a good snow this week.

Yeah I'm sure we'll go above freezing later on tonight, But I am surprised it fell back below freezing tonight after I got up to 34 today! Did you get any snow this morning? I got just a dusting 3 miles up the road 1-2 inches some places around Mt.Airy 3-4 I heard... Maybe we can get lucky we a good snow this week.

Only flurries here with a very light dusting. I drove up to Ridgeway VA and there was a bit more. Maybe 1/2 inch. It disappeared pretty quickly though. I still have a couple of inches from Monday's storm and hoping against hope at least some of it will hold on until another system brings us some more. 

I always forget you're not in Mt. Airy when I speak of your backyard. :)  Looks like you're halfway down to US421 from Mt. Airy.

Archived