joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS: Snow Monday night/Tuesday 2/16-17/2015

famartin

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great Kamu, do you ever tunnel inside and build a superman like fortress of solitude?

Not since I was about 10 years old, with my brothers. Almost got stuck in the tunnel once. We also built a partial igloo one winter with some hard packed snow blocks (like we had last winter). I say partial cuz we never got to the roof part :-).

With 3.5 as of a half hour ago, and a couple more hours left, 2-5 might bust low.

I too would love to know what the liquid equivalents were across the area 4.4" final total here in Media Delaware County appears to be some erratic totals case in point Springfield 1.6 miles from me 6" and central Brookhaven 6.5" they are 2 miles away had to be the broken nature of the banding moving west to east and then shifting southwest to northeast

6" in Hamilton Township, NJ! I may have been a bit conservative with that but that's my best guess after taking the average of several flat elevated surfaces. Great event and I'm finally happy to have gotten a 6" storm this year! Average snowpack is 9" in the yard. Hoping to freshen that up tomorrow night! ⛄️

Ended with 2.4" of picture perfect flakes

Congrats to everyone who cashed in!

This stretch of weather is reminiscent of last years February cold stretch

This winter sounds much better when when i can accurately state it's half last winters snow and even colder with just as many events.

this fresh snow has very little water content & will vanish this time of year especially on pitched south facing roofs

wet snow, especially wet snow that has froze solid during a cold night will take longer to melt

Oh yeah. everything you said is correct. I'm just mentioning the sun means real business right now and will progressive get worse. I usually give up on daytime events once the 20 - 25th occurs unless a low ceiling, temps in the 20's and heavy rates. Otherwise you're fighting a losing battle and end up w/slop....I'm talking roads not grass etc.

Oh yeah. everything you said is correct. I'm just mentioning the sun means real business right now and will progressive get worse. I usually give up on daytime events once the 20 - 25th occurs unless a low ceiling, temps in the 20's and heavy rates. Otherwise you're fighting a losing battle and end up w/slop....I'm talking roads not grass etc.

This is why IMO getting shutout in DEC is a big deal, some people will poo-poo DEC as not big snow month climo wise or compare it MAR however snow has staying power in DEC even during clear days around 40 degrees. A sunny 40 degree day this time of year will do some damage to the snowpack

This is why IMO getting shutout in DEC is a big deal, some people will poo-poo DEC as not big snow month climo wise or compare it MAR however snow has staying power in DEC even during clear days around 40 degrees. A sunny 40 degree day this time of year will do some damage to the snowpack

A mainly rain storm this weekend will do more damage than 40 degree days.

I can't remember the last time I saw my lawn...has to be at least 6 weeks with snow cover around here

Yep. Hell, I was in the 26 - 28F range and things went south quick w/the sun.

I would take 6" in Dec than a foot in later Feb - March....

Archived