SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 9-10, 2014 Noreaster OBS

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've often wondered why the Davis Vantagepro doesn't indicate tenths of degrees…

Currently 34 on VantagePro and 33.1 on my Netatmo unit (both mounted next to each other in far corner of my backyard)

Nothing but raindrops in my "snow-light"

Whoops sorry…

Just answered my own question and figured out how to display tenths of a degree on the Vantage!

Not seeing that here... http://preview.weather.gov/graphical/?zoom=6&lat=41.10179&lon=-73.70337&layers=00BTFFTT&region=0&element=0&mxmz=false

You're not mistaking those probability graphics for a forecast, are you?

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

No I am not. Mt holly just posted an update on FB 1c7ef22efbb4cefc1d96287dad17486c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

And I just checked the point and click, 3-6" for lehigh valley

No I am not. Mt holly just posted an update on FB

Sent from my iPhone

You're misquoting them by saying "Mt holly illustrating 4"+ tonight from a Doylestown to allentown and northward".  That's not what they said.  They said there is POTENTIAL for it.  That's not their forecast. 

Ok? I'm not gonna argue with you, I posted what the NWS said, and posted the point and click for ABE. No need for the bad attitude.

Sent from my iPhone

Sorry, but one of the things that kills our reputations as mets is being misquoted.  Granted, it happens all the time. 

At 7am appears worst as far as rain and wind is moving north and east. Rainfall 1.76" overall and not raining now. Peak gust NE52mph@5:57am. Avg. wind lower last 45 min. and only gusting to mid-30's. Temp. steady at 45F, pressure steadying at 29.89". Sky brightening a little to south. Have to wait and see about flooding.

37F and cloudy here, looking somewhat dryslotted. Less than 0.50" of rain so far. Underwhelming to this point. Given the forecast for this storm, once it gets abreast of the Delmarva or NJ coast and slows down/stalls/meanders, it should deepen nicely. Personally I'd like to see it stalled about 40 miles off the New Jersey coast tonight for wraparound potential.

37F and cloudy here, looking somewhat dryslotted. Less than 0.50" of rain so far. Underwhelming to this point. Given the forecast for this storm, once it gets abreast of the Delmarva or NJ coast and slows down/stalls/meanders, it should deepen nicely. Personally I'd like to see it stalled about 40 miles off the New Jersey coast tonight for wraparound potential.

Yep, thought more out of this.

Archived