Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014

Animal

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

What a beauty of a weekend! We spent it up in Round Top (NY) for the state finals for the NICA NY League. There were 60 kids racing and just generally having a ball playing with bikes in the mountains. I saw respectable feats of sportsmanship and performances/behaviors most adults can learn from.

My daughter rocked her own world and finished first for freshman/sophomore girls :):) A bonus for winning her division is she got invited to race at the World Cup at Windham in August!!

I will post some pics later.

What a beauty of a weekend! We spent it up in Round Top (NY) for the state finals for the NICA NY League. There were 60 kids racing and just generally having a ball playing with bikes in the mountains. I saw respectable feats of sportsmanship and performances/behaviors most adults can learn from.

My daughter rocked her own world and finished first for freshman/sophomore girls :):) A bonus for winning her division is she got invited to race at the World Cup at Windham in August!!

I will post some pics later.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

First female cucumber flowers opened up today, on relatively small plants as well. Plan to hand-pollinate my various cucurbits as I've had to use insecticide rather excessively this year... cucumber beetles would have destroyed the plants weeks ago otherwise. Hopefully it doesn't deter/kill the bees that would pollinate more difficult things like tomatoes and peppers. Should have some zukes opening up by the weekend and pumpkins in a couple weeks.

How's progress in other gardens around town?

• 2 weeks later...

Truly shows you how the NWS sucks compared to the up and coming private weather chains.

My wife showed me a tweet(people post thoughts) that rain was coming to our area .

Never knew to expect rain. NWS sleep at the wheel but watching what again?

Shocked they did not have rain in the forecast . We got rain and it was wet.

WTF is the question again wasting away in the far north of Mt Holly NWs zones.

Last winter was a disaster for forecasting up here and the trend continues.

Highland Lake NJ 7 Day Forecast
For More Weather Information:

Philadelphia, PA Local Forecast Office

Tonight

nbkn.png

Mostly

Cloudy

Low: 61 °F

Sunday

Detailed Forecast
  • Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening

Really dude? Are you drunk or something? Big deal. You had a 5 minute isolated shower (basically the only shower on radar within like 200 miles of us), it just happened to move over your backyard. Is there really a need to bash Mt. Holly over it? 

In their discussion yesterday, Mt Holly stated a slight chance of a shower/T Storm. I had 20% chance in Vernon. Also Weather Channel had a slight chance as well. Thought they did a good job and overall are pretty accurate. If they say 80% chance and it doesn't rain, people also complain. They can't win.

True Animal. They do forget about us sometimes but overall I think they do a good job. Better than Upton. Hoping for some storms coming in from PA lately. Wantage and Port Jervis have been the jackpot areas this month. Need to share the love over here

In the absence of any other mods I have given you a warning for bashing the NWS office. Continue and you will be taking a break.

jburn, I will follow the new the protocol and not express my opinion.

I also be on the look out for any bashers public/private and use the report button.

Deep sorry that I offended anyone.

Best

• 2 weeks later...

Good day weather fans,

Sun looks to be poking out finally today.

Current temp 71F.

Tomorrow looks to be  be an active day for t-storms.

Overall this summer has been great with near perfect weather. Only aspect lacking is any strong to severe thunderstorms in my area.

Max high temp so far 87F this summer.

I plan to cancel summer is 3 weeks and roll into fall.

Best.

Archived