• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
PHL Jan 17-19 Snow/Ice/Rain Storm Obs

am19psu

yup i agree, im happy with 2 inches of snow lol....anyways gfs looks like its going to come in better, low should be further north. ton more amplified and hgr hgts.

I look at it like this....My yard is a 3-4 inch thick glacier right now. That stuff ain't going nowhere....whether it snows 3 inches on top of that Thur. night-Friday or 8 inches, its not much different to me. Yes, heavier snow screws up roads, but really we get by pretty well around here unless it a crippling 12"+ storm, that scenario was/is not likely regardless of which model is right at the end of the week.

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I look at it like this....My yard is a 3-4 inch thick glacier right now. That stuff ain't going nowhere....whether it snows 3 inches on top of that Thur. night-Friday or 8 inches, its not much different to me. Yes, heavier snow screws up roads, but really we get by pretty well around here unless it a crippling 12"+ storm, that scenario was/is not likely regardless of which model is right at the end of the week.

yup, i got like 5 inches of concrete out there. Give me a new fresh coasting of snow. Then watch those temps sat night. Rays low temperature thread is going to get a lot of new additions by sunday morning.

PHL now 9.4" for JAN, may not sound like much to some of the "epic" crowd but it's already the 3rd snowiest JAN in past 23 yrs. The Philly JAN snowfall trend has been in a general decline since a real nice run during the late 70's - late 80's, with some definite opportunties on the horizon the month has the potential to be very noteworthy.

So once again for all the young bucks savor the moment because this is really an incredible run :snowman:

I'm also more excited for the potential extreme cold temps. then I am for the snow. As for the snowy January, it sure has been something else, I never would have thought there would be snow on the ground (for the most part) for the past several weeks. Part of me is honestly looking forward to April and May.

PHL now 9.4" for JAN, may not sound like much to some of the "epic" crowd but it's already the 3rd snowiest JAN in past 23 yrs. The Philly JAN snowfall trend has been in a general decline since a real nice run during the late 70's - late 80's, with some definite opportunties on the horizon the month has the potential to be very noteworthy.

So once again for all the young bucks savor the moment because this is really an incredible run :snowman:

Great point. We haven't had a lot of snowy Januarys lately. Many years (with some good winters included) featured warm Januarys. But his month has been an over-performer in my book.

hence why im in here, it seriously gets annoying seeing people bicker cause they only get 2-4 and not 10-14. Got my cocorahs gauges today, im ready for friday :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I haven't even looked over in the other thread yet... wondering whether its worth it based on what you posted here.

yup, i got like 5 inches of concrete out there. Give me a new fresh coasting of snow. Then watch those temps sat night. Rays low temperature thread is going to get a lot of new additions by sunday morning.

Yeah, below 0 in most areas easily...kind of wish I wasn't going to back to W-B for the weekend, we have an outside shot at -10 in Hazleton.

Archived