amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 17-19th Plains/MW/Lakes Storm Potential

A-L-E-K

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol...yea actually meanders the 850 0 line north and south of us....but definitely colder. Might be due to the coastal cranking quicker???

Has to be. Of course for here, the NAM is not really colder at the surface, a little...but not a lot. Ends up being just a minor slop "storm".

Yeah I suppose so. Only win I take out this run, is that the snow pack probably doesn't get completely nuked. :lol:

exactly. Probably will take a good hit here, hopefully later week will fix that. Although my biggest reason for wanting a nice snow cover was to allow the historic cold that was suppose to come in, unfettered ability to achieve maximum results. No longer looks like it's coming in now.

Not to rain on your parade but didnt we have a clipper yesterday?:popcorn:

LOL, yes we did, and the clipper was basically a clipper that just clipped LOL :D haha.. Look at it this way, the storm along the n/e coast might not be all that deep, but it has tons of moisture. We on the other hand might get a low with similar MB, but no moisture, or it might be supressed or what ever. So I'm just saying, that compared to our storm, that storm is pretty strong. Of course the ocean has to do a lot with it..

990's isn't strong at all. Usually east coast storms are 960's-970's. The one coming through tommorow is like 1000-1004, so yes, it is a decent sized storm for here.

OH well W/E honestly. If there was a little more cold air for them, I'm sure that storm would have squeezed out at least a foot of snow..

LOL, yes we did, and the clipper was basically a clipper that just clipped LOL :D haha.. Look at it this way, the storm along the n/e coast might not be all that deep, but it has tons of moisture. We on the other hand might get a low with similar MB, but no moisture, or it might be supressed or what ever. So I'm just saying, that compared to our storm, that storm is pretty strong. Of course the ocean has to do a lot with it..

We had 6-8" this past week, this storm, well eff if I care what I get, as long as my snowpack won't take much damage.

We had 6-8" this past week, this storm, well eff if I care what I get, as long as my snowpack won't take much damage.

This

Personally, from experience and what I am seeing I'd probably go with 1 maybe 2" before 12 hours of light rain and fog, then maybe another Inch on backside. Unless there is a dramatic change for the good tonight, I am going to pass on this event.

990's isn't strong at all. Usually east coast storms are 960's-970's. The one coming through tommorow is like 1000-1004, so yes, it is a decent sized storm for here.

Maybe the historic one's are in the 960 and 970's, but usually not all of the storms out there are in that range. 991-996, like the NAM is showing, is still fairly formidable.

Where in Normaln, OK? LOL jp.. We did, each and every storm either did not materialize, has been advertised to be strong and we ended up with a clipper, suppressed, not phased, lack of moisture, and I could go on for ever...

I recall a certain system in which a couple days before it we had 30% pops, and ended up with 5"...ring a bell? :arrowhead:

Archived