Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 9-10 Winter Storm Obs Thread

MotoWeatherman

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's about to bust you right in the mouth on radar!

Yeah this band looks insane. One of the most impressive bands of snow I've ever seen on radar here. Certainly should be all snow too..the column is all below freezing by a mile.

Would expect 2 inch per hour rates in this if it ever gets here. It's only inching closer. Which I guess is good because once it gets here, it's going to be here a while..and to think this is just the beginning.

Glad to see this band play out like this like i figured because it's been hinted at on the models for the last 2 days.

9:28 pm, officially started snowing here. Mostly moderate size flakes. Can be seen a little bit on the webcam but not heavy enough yet to make it a big deal. My temp has been holding steady for several hours now although in the last ten minutes (as the snow started) the humidity is rising and temp is falling so it should finally start in earnest in a few minutes.

That is pretty hard to believe to be quite honest. I have been sitting here under 20 dbz for 2 hours and still nothing and there isn't much on radar in the upstate.

i have some quite good ones move overhead here a couple of times. still nary a flake (it looks like it might be approaching gainesville ga, now, so its on teh move!)

9:28 pm, officially started snowing here. Mostly moderate size flakes. Can be seen a little bit on the webcam but not heavy enough yet to make it a big deal. My temp has been holding steady for several hours now although in the last ten minutes (as the snow started) the humidity is rising and temp is falling so it should finally start in earnest in a few minutes.

I can see it on the webcam now, nice!

Glad you guys in GA are getting some snow!

Up to 3" already.

FFC's 2-4" forecast for this area is looking to bust pretty soon...

But but but...glen burns and company on channel 2 said only 2 inches in atlanta...what gives?! :lol:

Keep living and dying by that stupid toy model you have burns...oh and where is that rain you talked about the other day?

But but but...glen burns and company on channel 2 said only 2 inches in atlanta...what gives?! :lol:

Keep living and dying by that stupid toy model you have burns...oh and where is that rain you talked about the other day?

glen motherfu**n burns ftw lol

30/3 right now

Archived