• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Hide that Miller Lite with a koozie or a better beer fake wrap :-) 

Miller Lite is the beer equivalent of the 76ers in basketball...both are pretenders in their respective roles. 

I said it in 2021, 2022, 2023...and I've said it already in 2024. The Sixers will never sniff a title with Joel Hans Embiid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey wait up a sec - this guy spent some good coin to follow Lexi Thompson around next month at the US Women's Open here in Lancaster. 
I had to Google her. Then again I know absolutely nothing about golf. Do they still use windmills on the green?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Just now, Atomixwx said:

Great movie for about 1 hour and 51 minutes.

What in the HELL was that ending?!?

I have seen people suggest that it is angels (though that would mean God has spaceships) and that was the tree of life....then the other obvious one is it is simply aliens though one could expound on that and say that they are suggesting that angels are actually aliens.  Lots of ways to go off on that ending.   My normally non-sarcastic wife had a funny, sarcastic one liner with that tree scene when she said, "Time to eat some Apples."

• Haha 1

Also, for anyone who has never seen Knowing, I actually do recommend it. Probably one of Nicolas Cage's better roles and the Sun portrays the Antichrist better than anyone in the history of cinema or theatre.

If you're into numerology or to a lesser-extend eschatology, it's a really good "bad" action movie.

But my god the ending is horrible.

• Like 1

I did see that Embiid guaranteed a Sixers series win. More bulletin board material for the Knicks after B-ball Paul said that the Knicks were the "easy team."

I mean...he's right in once sense. The Knicks aren't the Celtics. But why would you say that right before you play them? 

Stupid. 

• Like 1

I have seen people suggest that it is angels (though that would mean God has spaceships) and that was the tree of life....then the other obvious one is it is simply aliens though one could expound on that and say that they are suggesting that angels are actually aliens.  Lots of ways to go off on that ending.   My normally non-sarcastic wife had a funny, sarcastic one liner with that tree scene when she said, "Time to eat some Apples."
Reminds me of this one Open Lines Art Bell did back in, I want to say 2013? He had a call-in related to aliens and Art asked the caller how he would feel about aliens if they came down and said they too were Christians. The caller said he would be okay with it, but then Art asked him how he would feel if the aliens came down saying there is no god, and the caller said he wouldn't be ok with that.

The very end where Caleb and the little girl are dropped off into the new world with a rabbit always made me think they were trying to establish the new earth, specifically with the "Go forth and multiply," which made me think that maybe the writer decided the solar explosion was rapturous and only the littles move on, cutting out an entire series of middle-men and a mass judgment.

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I did see that Embiid guaranteed a Sixers series win. More bulletin board material for the Knicks after B-ball Paul said that the Knicks were the "easy team."

I mean...he's right in once sense. The Knicks aren't the Celtics. But why would you say that right before you play them? 

Stupid. 

100% agree after Paul said that it just motivates a team even more. Keep your mouth shut. I will say officiating was bad last night for the Sixers. Not saying they would have won the game it was just terrible.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

You ever see "I Love You, Man?" There's a couples golf scene in that movie that just makes me never want to be at a golf course with the missus.

I have not; will have to add it to the never-ending list. 

17 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Reminds me of this one Open Lines Art Bell did back in, I want to say 2013? He had a call-in related to aliens and Art asked the caller how he would feel about aliens if they came down and said they too were Christians. The caller said he would be okay with it, but then Art asked him how he would feel if the aliens came down saying there is no god, and the caller said he wouldn't be ok with that.

The very end where Caleb and the little girl are dropped off into the new world with a rabbit always made me think they were trying to establish the new earth, specifically with the "Go forth and multiply," which made me think that maybe the writer decided the solar explosion was rapturous and only the littles move on, cutting out an entire series of middle-men and a mass judgment.

I think the writer was definitely trying to make the audience come up with these questions and indeed the solar flare was the rapture.   Note that the "angel" told Caleb that the little girl's mother was now safe after she died.  A sort of heaven reference. 

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I just read the Sixers may protest the second game based on the Nurse not getting the timeout. 

I didn't even know you could protest in the Association? Obviously it used to happen in MLB but i wasn't aware of it ever happening outside of baseball. 

Has a protest ever been successful?

Edit: There was a successful protest in the NBA in 2007. That is the only one in more than 40 years. 

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I didn't even know you could protest in the Association? Obviously it used to happen in MLB but i wasn't aware of it ever happening outside of baseball. 

Has a protest ever been successful?

Edit: There was a successful protest in the NBA in 2007. That is the only one in more than 40 years. 

There have been a few this year, all unsuccessful.   The word I read was grievance but I think that is the same as protest. 

• Thanks 1

What a load of crap. If you feel wronged, file a protest and then have a big man accidentally body a ref. That's why his name is Nick Nurse and not Nick Doctor. He soff.

How? We have gotten three thousand inches of rain this month. How is anything capable of ignition?

Warren-McKean-Potter-Elk-Cameron-Northern Clinton-Clearfield-Northern Centre-Southern Centre-Cambria-Blair-Huntingdon-Mifflin-Juniata-Somerset-Bedford-Fulton-Franklin-Tioga-Northern Lycoming-Sullivan-Southern Clinton-Southern Lycoming-Union-Snyder-Montour-Northumberland-Columbia-Perry-Dauphin-Schuylkill-Lebanon-Cumberland-Adams-York-Lancaster-
1115 AM EDT Tue Apr 23 2024

...ELEVATED RISK OF WILDFIRE SPREAD THIS AFTERNOON...

A combination of dry fuels, low relative humidity and windy conditions this afternoon will create an elevated risk of wildfire spread across much of Central Pennsylvania.

Minimum relative humidity values will range from 20 to 30 percent accompanied by wind gusts between 20 and 30 mph from the south- southwest.

Residents are urged to exercise caution if handling any potential ignition sources, such as machinery, cigarettes, or matches. If dry grasses and tree litter begin to burn, the fire will have the potential to spread rapidly.

For more information about wildfire danger and wildfire prevention and education, please visit the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources website at http://dcnr.pa.gov/Communities/Wildfire.

We have a trip planned to the Maritime provinces in September and I’m feeling sure it gets canceled because wildfires. Canada has warned they will be worse than last year. 
Oh wonderful.

6 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

How? We have gotten three thousand inches of rain this month. How is anything capable of ignition?

Warren-McKean-Potter-Elk-Cameron-Northern Clinton-Clearfield-Northern Centre-Southern Centre-Cambria-Blair-Huntingdon-Mifflin-Juniata-Somerset-Bedford-Fulton-Franklin-Tioga-Northern Lycoming-Sullivan-Southern Clinton-Southern Lycoming-Union-Snyder-Montour-Northumberland-Columbia-Perry-Dauphin-Schuylkill-Lebanon-Cumberland-Adams-York-Lancaster-
1115 AM EDT Tue Apr 23 2024

...ELEVATED RISK OF WILDFIRE SPREAD THIS AFTERNOON...

A combination of dry fuels, low relative humidity and windy conditions this afternoon will create an elevated risk of wildfire spread across much of Central Pennsylvania.

Minimum relative humidity values will range from 20 to 30 percent accompanied by wind gusts between 20 and 30 mph from the south- southwest.

Residents are urged to exercise caution if handling any potential ignition sources, such as machinery, cigarettes, or matches. If dry grasses and tree litter begin to burn, the fire will have the potential to spread rapidly.

For more information about wildfire danger and wildfire prevention and education, please visit the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources website at http://dcnr.pa.gov/Communities/Wildfire.

It only takes a few sunny, low humidity days to dry out the top layers of soil.    Let's hope for rain tomorrow. 

This is crazy...and I hope I can write this that it makes sense:

Caitlin Clark's Indiana Fever jersey had more sales on the day after she was drafted than what the entire Dallas Cowboy's roster worth of jerseys sold for the entire 2023 NFL season. Dallas had the #1 selling NFL jersey (Parsons) and the #5 selling jersey (Prescott) - and even with that... for the entire 2023 season, there were fewer Cowboys jerseys sold than Caitlin's Indiana jersey in one day. (Source: ESPN radio) 

• Like 1