• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Spring/Summer Mountain Thread

I rented a telephoto lens and dealt with some serious light rings/abberation which sucked. Still managed some solid pics out of it and it was an absolutely amazing experience. So much better than 2017 if nothing else due to the length. At 4m 8s of totality I really had time to enjoy it.

These were all taken from Herrin, Illinois. I hope to have a time lapse video together soon as well. DSC01933.jpgDSC01760.jpgDSC01907.jpgDSC01888.jpgDSC01829-2.jpg

• Like 12

Good Lord these downpours are crazy.  Goes from calm to raining sideways in a second. 
I was standing mid river fishing when I got caught in one of those. Then the sun came out and it was great. Then it happened again. And again. And again. So i said screw it and went swimming too lol....I mean, I couldn't get any wetter!

Btw...it was definitely not warm enough for that.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

I was standing mid river fishing when I got caught in one of those. Then the sun came out and it was great. Then it happened again. And again. And again. So i said screw it and went swimming too lol....I mean, I couldn't get any wetter!

Yeah same out at work today.  Then I come home and there is blue skies to the south literally while I'm getting a thunderstorm.  Yeah 54 here currently but this rain has been cold.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Dude you must be a good swimmer. SouthToe is ripping right now 

• Like 2

Yes it is! I'm an okay swimmer. Really, I only got in deeper than chest deep by accident. My foot slipped just above some rapids and I went for a ride for a few hundred feet. Lesson learned. And I was on the Cane.

The bite was on today, btw.

• Like 2