• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2024 OBS/Discussion

Some great weather over the next few days although with the winds today might be a bit tough on some allergy sufferers. Looks like shower chances return by Wednesday and could last through the rest of the week! Our wet year continues!
Chester County Records for today: High 91 degrees Phoenixville (1941) / Low 21 degrees West Chester (1940) / Rain 2.28" Coatesville (1970) / Snow 2.5" Coatesville (1923)
image.png.ef8df127b6d474a5dd79890f6ee13686.png

3 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Probably this guy, lol. Also, seeing lightning down here from up your way.

IMG_20240414_204235.gif.b84486b33cd6afd1dc21416a6d4dc332.gif

Not much lightning a couple close then that part fizzled. Guy needs to chill and put that picnic table cover back where it belongs.

• Haha 1

That line "looked good on radar" but seemed to have fizzled by the time it got here after 9 pm.  Deposited 0.06" in the bucket and some kind of pop-up happened after midnight for an additional 0.05" (total 0.11" for the 2 days).  It did drop the temp almost 10 degrees when it came through.

Had a low of 40 yesterday and made it up to 74 for a high.  Looks like it'll get fairly warm today.

Currently 60 with dp 55.

Had jury duty today (got caught and am a juror) and when I went out the door to head on downtown, I saw RedSky...errr... a RED SKY. :lol:  And I mean RED.  I see there are storms galore to the south right now.

It made it up to 82 IMBY (much higher downtown - my car thermometer kept reading like 86 on my way home today).

Currently partly sunny and 79 with dp 55.  Turned the ole house AC on for the first time this season.  I know that Aprils sometimes have these hot spells around this time so not unexpected.

51 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Had jury duty today (got caught and am a juror) and when I went out the door to head on downtown, I saw RedSky...errr... a RED SKY. :lol:  And I mean RED.  I see there are storms galore to the south right now.

It made it up to 82 IMBY (much higher downtown - my car thermometer kept reading like 86 on my way home today).

Currently partly sunny and 79 with dp 55.  Turned the ole house AC on for the first time this season.  I know that Aprils sometimes have these hot spells around this time so not unexpected.

Think I made it to 80F...Thurs highs low 50s...approx 30 degree difference.

76F

Another sunny day but much cooler than yesterday across the area with temps mainly in the 60's to near 70 (still almost 7 degrees above normal for today). Rain chances ramp up by tomorrow PM and will last till Thursday AM. Another chance of showers on Friday night before we slip back to below normal temperatures for the upcoming weekend.
Chester County records for today: High 90 degrees Phoenixville (2002) / Low 20 degrees in Coatesville (1926) / Rain 5.45" Chadds Ford (1983) / Snow 2.5" at Coatesville (1923)
image.png.f990c863040b036d3e0394c8885d572b.png

Second week in a row a very wet looking three days has been reduced to .25-.50" qpf.

Won't have a record wet month doing this. Drought talk soon? Lol

Bear here last night. Repellant needed list is growing mosquitoes, bees, bear spray?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Second week in a row a very wet looking three days has been reduced to .25-.50" qpf.

Won't have a record wet month doing this. Drought talk soon? Lol

Bear here last night. Repellant needed list is growing mosquitoes, bees, bear spray?

The end of El Nino? 

• Like 1

Ended up hitting a high of 82 on Monday after a 59 low, and then had a step down to 72 for a high on Tuesday after a low of 48. Today ended up being an even cooler 67 for a high after a similar low of 48 this morning. 

Round 1 of rain gave me 0.20" before exiting but I did get a few hours of sun and cirrus this morning before it clouded over and started to rain just before 1 pm today.

Currently have an overcast sky and a temp of 60 with dp 56.

Not sure I even got .10" and all that's left is a small chance of a shower tomorrow evening. Pollen season is at full steam needed this to wash it from the air. Next ten days to two weeks looks below normal with the rainfall. Shades of last year with pollen buildup?