northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
VA/WVA/MD/DC CHRISTMAS 2010 OBS THREAD

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is that the GFS is more reasonable with respect to location of the low level features given the upper level support, but please use caution with GFS qpf, as it never shows a sharp enough cutoff and thus will likely be too high in the fringe regions. Where it shows the max amounts may be okay but it needs more of a gradient from the max zones to the min zones.

My guess is that the GFS is more reasonable with respect to location of the low level features given the upper level support, but please use caution with GFS qpf, as it never shows a sharp enough cutoff and thus will likely be too high in the fringe regions. Where it shows the max amounts may be okay but it needs more of a gradient from the max zones to the min zones.

I was hoping for 3-6" all week...seems like I will need some really high ratios to get that especially if the NAM is correct. Eh...still gonna watch and play.

I was hoping for 3-6" all week...seems like I will need some really high ratios to get that especially if the NAM is correct. Eh...still gonna watch and play.

Good luck. I would take the under on 3-6" back in Leesburg definitely... but hopefully I'll be wrong and you can cash in.

Good luck. I would take the under on 3-6" back in Leesburg definitely... but hopefully I'll be wrong and you can cash in.

Thanks Brian....we get lucky back here sometimes but since Ji moved in to my hood i get the feeling that is about to end. Crazy storm for a big Nina huh

NAM has you guys in VA on south with a decent band for a while, then it dries out

that seems to be related to those instability showers moving southward from PA and OH (the drying out that is)

BWI/DCA have to wait for the cut off 5H low to work its magic along with the 7H

NAM is probably 2-3" here 3-4" at DCA and 4-5" at BWI

I've lived around BWI long enough to know that generally, this is a great radar signature for us

http://radar.weather...id=fcx&loop=yes

I've only gotten 2 inches from this so far--and literally since 5 am had snow falling every hour. When the coastal gets cranking, it literally RIPS all the moisture out of the VA west of 95... (Best depicted on the NAM) This happens some times, but not all times.

Archived