• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Lake Effect Event-Buffalo Bills Playoff Game Impacts

So whats worse for fans/[players  -15 to -25 Windchill's single digits or heavy snow. I understand roads being closed etc. But I rem plenty of pats games and that one eagles game in a blizzard and it was ok to play in.

Prayers for the sabres fans that made it to the game. It’s a joke they rescheduled. Say you got caught with your pants down where you hung the total and don’t want to risk a good team (Buffalo) getting knocked out in a shit show of a game. 

Play every game in a controlled environment which is the way sports are moving to anyway. Better than lying about snow hitting peoples face so hard that it’s dangerous like the local news is saying. 

11 minutes ago, dj3 said:

Play every game in a controlled environment which is the way sports are moving to anyway. Better than lying about snow hitting peoples face so hard that it’s dangerous like the local news is saying. 

It’s ridiculous. But let them have this. Gambling depends on it.

23 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

lol you guys obviously haven’t been in a lake effect blizzard before. No synoptic snowstorm can compare 

I have before. The philly game was about 18 inchs during the game the pats game had a good 2 feet vs oakland. I remember a lake effect game during the bills playoffs of the 90s as well. it feels that tho if your going to stop a game form being played in lake effect snow for safety reasons. you should postpone a game that has single digits as well as -15-25 windchills. did you see Patty's helmet break from,a hit? most likely broke cause of how cold it was.

The videos out of Buffalo showed how impossible it would have been for players and refs to see the yard markers or keep them clear for more than a few seconds.  As much as I would have loved to watch a game played in those conditions, if you can't see the yard markers, you can't play the game.  Right call by the NFL, IMO.

4 hours ago, Ruin said:

I have before. The philly game was about 18 inchs during the game the pats game had a good 2 feet vs oakland. I remember a lake effect game during the bills playoffs of the 90s as well. it feels that tho if your going to stop a game form being played in lake effect snow for safety reasons. you should postpone a game that has single digits as well as -15-25 windchills. did you see Patty's helmet break from,a hit? most likely broke cause of how cold it was.

Lol - the Philly game you are referring to was about 6” during the game. The Pats/Oak playoff was about 3”.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

lol you guys obviously haven’t been in a lake effect blizzard before. No synoptic snowstorm can compare 

The wind direction has been a blessing for Buffalo in recent years compared to other areas near the lakes ( well except Tug )

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ruin said:

The pats game was a small 2-3 inch storm lol. 

• Like 1

Off Lake Erie...

A newly formed plume of heavy lake effect snow will position itself
over the Buffalo Southtowns for the midday and afternoon. Snowfall
rates could be as high as 3-5"/hr for sites like Hamburg and Orchard
Park. The snow will be accompanied by wind gusts to 40 mph...but
gusts as high as 50 mph will be possible on the edges of the band.

For tonight, the snow band should remain centered across or near the
southtowns, with a subtle northward drift into Buffalo late in the
night. The band will not extend as far inland due to weaker winds.
This said, snowfall rates of 1-3 in/hr will still be possible in
what`s likely to be a more narrow but still intense band. Snow will
be fluffier by tonight, with an additional 6 inches likely across
the southtowns, with localized amounts to a foot.

12 hours ago, Ruin said:

The pats did not have 2 feet during the Oakland game. There was 4-5” during the game. The snow is currently falling at 3-5” an hour over the stadium as we speak.