• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan Medium/Long Range Disco: Winter is coming

stormtracker

At this time last night the euro was already too amped with hardly any cold 17ac015979f78c340a9fa3613561ccbd.jpg

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Huge shifts in our direction today, no doubt about it. This is why you never give up too early and why you don’t live and die by digital blue on long range OP runs. If you look back 14 or so days, ensembles did a fantastic job sniffing out the upper air pattern change

Not sure how this storm will ultimately play, but damn does it feel good to track something tangible again and to not be in a shitty niña / PAC pattern while doing so.
  • Like 1

:lmao:
Maybe we needed to have more faith in the mjo 2-3 phase. I mentioned out of stupid blind luck that models should trend colder based on our phase

c082de9f1d648b0bbfde1406c58247e8.jpg

Tick.. tick.. BOOM

We get cold enough between 850s & the surface… which allows us to survive the SW’s approach. The rest is history.

Anyone with more knowledge than myself able to explain the mechanism that leads to the better cold push / confluence? The high up north is stronger yes, but it also seems to be anchored in place much better. Is this a result of the 50/50? Thanks in advance.

PS - When was the last time we had the GFS CMC and Euro all show warning level snowfall for majority of the CWA? Fuggin awesome.
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ji said:

It's like how you drew it up

30 minutes ago, Heisy said:

732f786a38fea034d8070a477c7d2e3f.jpg
Didn’t expect this at all, this is where I’d prefer we have it at this range

Across all guidance there was in increase in the confluence ahead of the wave and so the thermals were significantly colder.  

The gfs didn’t trend as far south as the euro because it actually trended stronger and further NW initially with the SW and primary low but then the redevelopment gets forced further SE because of the colder profile.  

Euro was colder and a slightly less amplified SW so it made the biggest jump south. 

But the only thing I’m taking from this rum is the thermals. If tonight’s runs are correct wrt the colder profile over the top we have much more wiggle room and a significantly easier path to a victory here. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Across all guidance there was in increase in the confidence ahead of the wave and so the thermals were significantly colder.  

The gfs didn’t trend as far south as the euro because it actually trended stronger and further NW initially with the SW and primary low but then the redevelopment gets forced further SE because of the colder profile.  
Euro was colder and a slightly less amplified SW so it made the biggest jump south. 

But the only thing I’m taking from this rum is the thermals. If tonight’s runs are correct wrt the colder profile over the top we have much more wiggle room and a significantly easier path to a victory here. 

Let’s reel ‘er in

Is suppression worries back on the table?

IF we were to fail, I don’t believe we’d fail due to suppression. It’s more likely that we’d fail due to models overdoing confluence ahead of the system.

Let’s not go down that path unless necessary please.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While the exact output on the clown maps should be taken with the smallest grain of salt at this range (Sorry Ji), it is pretty impressive how similar they looked on the 00z GFS CMC EC. Nearly identical with a few minor tweaks.