Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, Pa Winter 2023-24 Thread.

meatwad

1 minute ago, KPITSnow said:

I think personally KPIT will have a hard time breaking the advisory verification streak 

Has the disadvantage of being west for an event that’s going to perform best south and east. But can’t rule it out.

4 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

You guys in the south hills will do well. I think we are a bit screwed up north 

For once in your weenie life can you just stfu up and let the storm play out. You literally complain about every storm dude. It gets tiresome.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Rd9108 said:

For once in your weenie life can you just stfu up and let the storm play out. You literally complain about every storm dude. It gets tiresome.

Take it to banter dude. I’m allowed to post. don’t troll and derail the thread like you always do. 

• Confused 1

Just now, KPITSnow said:

Take it to banter dude. I’m allowed to post. don’t troll and derail the thread like you always do. 

I'm not trolling but you immediately start shifting on every single storm before its even over. No wonder red tags don't post in here anymore. 

2 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

I'm not trolling but you immediately start shifting on every single storm before its even over. No wonder red tags don't post in here anymore. 

We never had red tags in here, ever? 

Im looking at the radar. I’m going to get an inch or two. I think the south hills does very well. 

like I said, stop being a freaking troll and let me post. No one wants to see you turn this into a train wreck because I posted a simple observation 

Looking at some traffic cameras, down towards the wash county line on 79 ground already starting to cave under that nice training band. 

that band will probably put down some localized nice numbers but the rest of us need it to expand to get anything decent. 

Special Weather Statement
for Allegheny County

Issued by National Weather Service
Pittsburgh, PA
5:52 PM EST Fri, Feb 16, 2024

...AN AREA OF HEAVY SNOW WILL AFFECT NORTHWESTERN WASHINGTON... SOUTHERN ALLEGHENY...WEST CENTRAL WESTMORELAND...BROOKE AND HANCOCK COUNTIES...

At 550 PM EST, an band of heavy snow was located along a line extending from White Oak to near Weirton. The heavy snow is nearly stationary.

Locations impacted include... Pittsburgh, Mount Lebanon, Bethel Park, Monroeville, Weirton, McKeesport, Jeannette, West Mifflin, Baldwin, Upper St. Clair, Murrysville, Scott Township, Wilkinsburg, Whitehall, South Park Township, Robinson Township, Munhall, Cecil-Bishop, Jefferson Hills, and North Versailles.

This includes the following highways... Pennsylvania Turnpike between mile markers 57 and 67. Interstate 79 in Pennsylvania between mile markers 49 and 59. Interstate 376 in Pennsylvania between mile markers 63 and 68, and between mile markers 73 and 78.

Snow will lead to reduced visibilities below one-half mile and quick accumulation on roads, leading to hazardous travel conditions. Slow down and allow extra time when traveling. Increase the distance between your vehicle and those that surround yours.

A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect for the area. Please monitor local media outlets and the National Weather Service for further statements.