• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, Pa Winter 2023-24 Thread.

meatwad

Snow just starting to fall in the southern part of the City.

Just a curiosity, it seems during snows, like this one especially we are always battling too dry air at the start, but snow fills in all around us, like this morning with the storm.  Is there some reason for that, or is it just preception.  I mean for a surrounded by water, I'd think the air would be more moist to start.

Starting to lay.  I assume the temps will drop a bit as rates pick up.  Lots of green and some yellow returns on the radar.  mix seems to be staying put for now.

Edit: the 5 minute obs show KPIT already dropped 2 degrees, and AGC is already down to 32.

5 minutes ago, PghPirates27 said:

Awesome good to hear, covering roads and grass yet?

Some on the grass, and some parts of the street.  Looking at the NWS radar lot of yellow returns coming in for Washington County.  Should hit most of Allegheny.

However, it does look it the radar is drying up near Parkersburg.  I would assume the low is jumping to the coast at this point.

When I first got down here, sleet was mixing in. Now it's all snow. Seems like the colder air is winning out so far. The WTOD being held at bay for now, even down here where it usually changes over or mixes sooner. Gonna be a fun drive back up to Bethel. Lol

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, ChalkHillSnowNut said:

Thank you! Finally decent snow rates with huge flakes-I think we all should do well with the second wave overnight tonight?…

That would make sense, but none of the outlets seem enthused by it.  I guess we'll see.

• Like 1