Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is surprising he would punt for 3-4 weeks.  Something you see here more often but not from him as much.   2 weeks is a long time in the weather world.  A month is an uber long time. 

I was with Kyle at MU around Thanksgiving time and he was very confident in a cold/snowy pattern for February.  Im surprised he is “giving up” on that notion.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I never heard of Elliott before coming to this forum. I know he's out of MU, but what is he? Professor, student assistant? 

Kyle Elliott, M.S. | Millersville University

BACKGROUND:

Kyle holds a B.S. in Meteorology from Millersville University and an M.S. in Meteorology from the Pennsylvania State University. Kyle worked at AccuWeather from 2016-2020 as an operational forecaster. He then joined Millersville Meteorology in fall 2021. His primary focus is on weather analysis, media meteorology and the development of Internet weather resources. An expert forecaster, he has been quoted in newspapers and magazines and has composed hundreds of forecasts for TV and radio broadcasts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, AccuChris said:

I was with Kyle at MU around Thanksgiving time and he was very confident in a cold/snowy pattern for February.  Im surprised he is “giving up” on that notion.  

It is rare for him to reverse course like this.  He is not always right but usually moves on vs. changing from what I have seen.   If we do not have a snowy end to winter, one group in another forum is going to be ugly. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MU "Kenny" Elliott only said his block buster snow forecast for Feb is in trouble.  He really only said the trouble is through mid-Feb.  Sounds a lot like some other posters so not super extreme even if a pivot back.

image.png.8b8a90aaefdb5f3c1df2db76b6fe731e.png

He also said that the chances of a significant snow has diminished. He did not cancel snow altogether in any shape or form. 

Sometimes people read what they want to read, and honestly...vice versa. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MU "Kenny" Elliott only said his block buster snow forecast for Feb is in trouble.  He really only said the trouble is through mid-Feb.  Sounds a lot like some other posters so not super extreme even if a pivot back.

That's an old pic!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

He also said that the chances of a significant snow has diminished. He did not cancel snow altogether in any shape or form. 

Sometimes people read what they want to read, and honestly...vice versa. 

We have some models showing plowable snow during a blind shut period in a few days.  Cannot be too upset with that. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

He says he is throwing in the towel sounds like he is giving up on his forecast.

16 minutes ago, paweather said:

He says he is throwing in the towel sounds like he is giving up on his forecast.

Pretty much, but as ITT mentioned, not saying no snow just not a blockbuster.  Right or wrong, it is like saying the movie for the next month is going to be Ace Ventura: When Nature calls and not Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Pretty much, but as ITT mentioned, not saying no snow just not a blockbuster.  Right or wrong, it is like saying the movie for the next month is going to be Ace Ventura: When Nature calls and not Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. 

You're going to make me watch movies now to figure out a forecast? This is too hard.

None of the 18z runs strike me as moving toward the Euro unfortunately.  I was hoping to see that be the case. That said, 18z GGEM did come in slightly better with the slp a bit stronger than its 12z run, but that's likely inconsequential. 

16 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Gfs is still trying to figure it out. It would be a better model if the Euro came out before it.

Weird 18z GFS solution for Sunday.

I just like that we are back in the game after a couple of bad days of trends. 
Today’s runs overall were a step in the right direction.

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

18z EPS still looks good for the chance at the rain to snow scenario for a good chunk of CTP.
This run held on to the initial low a little longer into WV than the 12z run, so the snow mean was a little further north in CTP, but close enough for the LSV to still be in the game.

IMG_4691.png

IMG_4692.png

IMG_4690.png

Ninja'd