• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Hey guys! Popping in to provide some thoughts. Yesterday I liked the trends, outside the Euro which is currently on its own with regards to the 5H pattern. I mentioned in the MA thread yesterday about suppression or no storm concerns given the chaotic upper level vorticity pattern across the NH. This storm currently developing across the mid-section will help set the stage in a multitude of ways for what could occur next week. One of the things I like is the multiple ways to score in this event, whether that be a marginal event or a SECS/MECS if all breaks the right way and we induce phasing at the right time.

Until we get a full resolve for what occurs with this current system, it will be a feedback mechanism for the medium range. I do love seeing increased ensemble support and the blend either maintaining a solid depiction of areal snow coverage of 2-3+”, and/or improving in the means and median of potential outcomes. Still got time to see some significant shifts within the surface evolution, but I say by Sunday we’ll have a general idea and all systems would be go if everything is in-sync. LSV and points northeast are the primary for this pattern, but the central and west-central folks could certainly get in on the action with high-ratio fluff in the right evolution. Fun times! :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, mitchnick said:

6z Icon back in bigtime with 8-12"  6z Gfs 8-12" too. Everything is in but the Euro.

The Icon seems to be a hybrid of what you and I were talking about yesterday.  First Vort sweeps out to sea but second piece of energy develops in the Northern DelMarVa.  More traditional than the low creeping up the coast scenario.    Lanco our safest place to be with these depictions. 

image.png.54cfd5ea66f018eccf2bdd8a99ba6a88.png

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Icon seems to be a hybrid of what you and I were talking about yesterday.  First Vort sweeps out to sea but second piece of energy develops in the Northern DelMarVa.  More traditional than the low creeping up the coast scenario.    Lanco our safest place to be with these depictions. 

image.png.54cfd5ea66f018eccf2bdd8a99ba6a88.png

Sorta anafrontal. If it works, fine by me!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Sorta anafrontal. If it works, fine by me!

I think it has a better chance of working than hoping the first vort does not escape and have it climb the coast while being energized by the second.   Out as far west as me, this is super questionable as to it working but more for the LSV.    This type of event, as depicted, is a weather ob's geek's dream as you will indeed be watching for the second low to start forming.  Without that second piece of energy, this is nothing,  IMO.