Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

6 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Checking in over lunch… I thought I saw the 12z Ukie with a low on the Carolina coast on a poor 24 hr interval map.

Can someone post it?

There is, but look at the 500mb map. It would head north from there.

EDIT: Could go out to sea and then another low form further west. 

500h_anom.conus (27).png

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was just on the MA board and Randy disapproves of the Ukie.  

It's goofy. But that's typical for the Ukie. How it scores 2nd to Euro is beyond me. Of course, how the Euro scores best is equally beyond me sometimes.  Lol

9 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

It's goofy. But that's typical for the Ukie. How it scores 2nd to Euro is beyond me. Of course, how the Euro scores best is equally beyond me sometimes.  Lol

This sim radar shows a fairly disorganized area south of us.  UK maps are always hard to garner exactly what is going on without the whole view.

image.png.73ec2d9c6631d87f7d9b0ec664a45656.png

3 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

We got the colder solution on the Euro I said we needed thankfully. Let's hope we don't lose the look. 

Amen.  Nice event verbatim with no mixing concerns.  i think many would take the tradeoff of less high-end potential for a pure snow event that sticks around.  i want to take my nieces sledding without sleet crust or cold wet mud creeping into the equation like many storms in recent years. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jonesy56 said:

Amen.  Nice event verbatim with no mixing concerns.  i think many would take the tradeoff of less high-end potential for a pure snow event that sticks around.  i want to take my nieces sledding without sleet crust or cold wet mud creeping into the equation like many storms in recent years. 

This and shoveling.    Tired of fighting rain while shoveling snow. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

The 1/20 event on the Euro has upside potential too.

Looking at this map only, it could be good or bad.   We are not used to see cold that deep around here anymore.    Not necessarily our temps as opposed to all temps to our North and West are cold.   But this is worlds better than it not being this cold above. 

image.thumb.png.c2fa558c5b7efe7ae1c34ffd25458e36.png

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

This sim radar shows a fairly disorganized area south of us.  UK maps are always hard to garner exactly what is going on without the whole view.

image.png.73ec2d9c6631d87f7d9b0ec664a45656.png

It also shows a deep tropical connection w/ the water vapor; one thing for sure; the weather pattern has certainly turned from our dry late summer and fall!

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yep, short term drought is over for the Northeast/MA in my opinion. 

No doubt!  I'm in northern York County and "play" in the middle of that "abnormally dry" region in south central PA...and frankly, for this time of year, it's abnormally wet.

Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 2.43.13 PM.png