Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

End is not too far away here.....no gusts over 30 in the last hour.   1.35" so far.  Not sure if those really heavy echos from MD will clip us here but they look like they have the LSV in line of sight. 

image.thumb.png.692257128ab9b3d2f47f03a4eb53aeb9.png

I had .5" at 1pm. I'll mosey on out tomorrow to see what the total is. Otherwise, this weather sux.

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

And all Amtrak trains cancelled between HBG and PHL. This is turning into a pretty big situation locally.  Have to guess creeks are flooding homes. 

Seems like very heavy rain will hit soon and last for a while. Yikes. 

That area headed right for us from VA/MD means bidness.

14 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Port Royal, Va at Rts. 3 and 17, my favorite route to Williamsburg, has a tornado.  Time sensitive. 

https://www.marylandwx.com/radar/klwxstate_br.php

Williamsburg/Severn is our fav. vacation area.  I cannot ride the Griffon often enough.  

It is pouring here now so we did catch the edge of those echos.    Ending here in about 30 per radar.  Line going through Lanco right now. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Williamsburg/Severn is our fav. vacation area.  I cannot ride the Griffon often enough.  

It is pouring here now so we did catch the edge of those echos.    Ending here in about 30 per radar.  Line going through Lanco right now. 

My daughter was 4 and tall for her age and was just above the 48" mark. I took her on the Loch Ness Monster for her 1st roller coaster ride. There was no line, so we stayed on 2 more times. From that point on, she was hooked on roller coasters. She takes her kids on the kiddie ones now and she says she feels sick. Lol Payback for all the times I  had to take her on that stupid spaceship ride in Dutch Wonderland near the front of the park on the left as you enter. That thing just about killed me having to get on it and stay on it if there wasn't a line. Idk if it's still there now.

49 minutes ago, canderson said:

And all Amtrak trains cancelled between HBG and PHL. This is turning into a pretty big situation locally.  Have to guess creeks are flooding homes. 

Seems like very heavy rain will hit soon and last for a while. Yikes. 

Wait what?? I’m aware of specific trains being canceled but not all of them. Where did you hear this? I’m talking about tomorrow’s schedule, FYI. 

18 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

My daughter was 4 and tall for her age and was just above the 48" mark. I took her on the Loch Ness Monster for her 1st roller coaster ride. There was no line, so we stayed on 2 more times. From that point on, she was hooked on roller coasters. She takes her kids on the kiddie ones now and she says she feels sick. Lol Payback for all the times I  had to take her on that stupid spaceship ride in Dutch Wunderland near the front of the park on the left as you enter. That thing just about killed me having to get on it and stay on it if there wasn't a line. Idk if it's still there now.

I think the just closed the Loch Ness to redo it.  I liked it.  It was always the first coaster we last 10-20 years) rode because they opened that part of the park early.  Apollo's Chariot  the one that always gets my heart beating the most. 

I am starting to feel sick if I red too often as well so understand your daughters issue. Lol. 

I have not been to Dutch Wonderland  for 45 years.  Lol. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think the just closed the Loch Ness to redo it.  I liked it.  It was always the first coaster we last 10-20 years) rode because they opened that part of the park early.  Apollo's creed is the one that always gets my heart beating the most. 

I am starting to feel sick if I red too often as well so understand your daughters issue. Lol. 

I have not been to Dutch Wonderland  for 45 years.  Lol. 

Are you referring to Apollo's Chariot? I've only been to BG twice but I loved that thing...if I remember correctly. LOL 

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Are you referring to Apollo's Chariot? I've only been to BG twice but I loved that thing...if I remember correctly. LOL 

Yea, I fixed.  It is not a roller coaster where you have to wear pants that look like the US Flag and enter fights from the ceiling in a bulls face.   When you go over that first hill, it looks like you are going out into the air.

Griffon still my favorite...when you stop and hang for a bit.

• Like 1

I just want to say that I didn't mean to be offensive towards the forum yesterday.  I think it's a great place for long range through short range  discussion ,obs and to come to short range hypotheses. I usually enjoy the reading here. I'm skeptical of most long range forecasts and have always been very vocal of my view. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

I just want to say that I didn't mean to be offensive towards the forum yesterday.  I think it's a great place for long range through short range  discussion ,obs and to come to short range hypotheses. I usually enjoy the reading here. I'm skeptical of most long range forecasts and have always been very vocal of my view. 

Where's your post? I'm in the mood to be offended and blame all of life's problems on offensive people. Lol

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

Where's your post? I'm in the mood to be offended and blame all of life's problems on offensive people. Lol

You would like my Flatheadsickness and FHS posts then. You missed the good stuff. I doubt I can keep up my better behavior for to long before I lose my shit again. The truth is a fkn hate people to no end anymore, and do everything I can to keep away from them. 

45 minutes ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

You would like my Flatheadsickness and FHS posts then. You missed the good stuff. I doubt I can keep up my better behavior for to long before I lose my shit again. The truth is a fkn hate people to no end anymore, and do everything I can to keep away from them. 

Dating girls from Baltimore can do that to you.

• Haha 1