• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

10 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Bizarre. It rained so hard Saturday night, i couldn't mow until 1ish yesterday to let it dry out. The firehouse still had standing puddles yesterday afternoon from Saturday night

I was not here but the till recorded .15 with lots of Lightning from my wife's comments.   MDT was at .10 so seems like it was localized.   Capital City was .17. 

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sounds like The Beard is ready to step up and be a main cog in the team this year!  LOL

There's a reason why my wife and I are former 76ers season ticket holders. 

The entire organization is a mess...top down. The NBA as a whole has major issues that are quickly alienating the fan base. Aside from that, the product on the floor is laughable. I can go to my local high school and watch the game played better, at least the technical aspects of it. 

I'll be watching far more hockey this winter and far less of the Association. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

There's a reason why my wife and I are former 76ers season ticket holders. 

The entire organization is a mess...top down. The NBA as a whole has major issues that are quickly alienating the fan base. Aside from that, the product on the floor is laughable. I can go to my local high school and watch the game played better, at least the technical aspects of it. 

I'll be watching far more hockey this winter and far less of the Association. 

They have moved to paying a few people way too much money and most players less...with the Sal cap.   The Beard might actually be in the talent level of the lesser group now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

Saw they have upped the forecast though - I expect a very busy September and October. Water temps are SCORCHED. 

Last year picked up a bit as well but we are extremely low for Mid-August at that point.  We would need a once or twice a week situation to make this a busy season.   GFS has something end of August.   They are calling for 14-21 storms and have had only 3 so far so take 18 as an example, we need 15 over the next 12-14 weeks. 

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Last year picked up a bit as well but we are extremely low for Mid-August at that point.  We would need a once or twice a week situation to make this a busy season.   GFS has something end of August.   They are calling for 14-21 storms and have had only 3 so far so take 18 as an example, we need 15 over the next 12-14 weeks. 

Thought we were at 5 storms so far? Yea, five per NOAA increases forecast

18 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Thought we were at 5 storms so far? Yea, five per NOAA increases forect

Thanks I forgot about Don but I was counting down the names....I see they list one as an unnamed storm which is bit confusing with the named storm verbiage in their prediction.   I guess they mean any storm that gets to 39mph.  At 5 they still need one a week if nothing for the next week.  If we get one per week in Nov, that will be something so really need a blockbuster 8-10 week period coming up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Thanks I forgot about Don but I was counting down the names....I see they list one as an unnamed storm which is bit confusing with the named storm verbiage in their prediction.   I guess they mean any storm that gets to 39mph.  At 5 they still need one a week if nothing for the next week.  If we get one per week in Nov, that will be something so really need a blockbuster 8-10 week period coming up.

giphy.gif

Just now, canderson said:

It was on FX originally so you still have never watched a Netflix series! (Stranger Things is fantastic though ... )

If Stranger Things gets no love for anything else (yes I know its well loved) it making Synthwave popular again I will love it to death for

Flood Watch up for NEPA

BGM

Several waves a warm frontal boundary will enhance lift with
overrunning moisture leading to development of widespread
showers this evening. Areas of heavier rain will be embedded in
the larger area of showers. Better chances for multiple rounds
of heavier rain will be in NEPA and south central NY. Winds will
be strong bringing in moisture pushing PW values to around 2
inches. Given the recent rain, flash flood guidance is low which
is unusual for August. Several models now showing rainfall in
excess of 1 inch with localized areas over 2 inches likely. Hi
res models showing even more. As is, the potential for some
typical poor drainage and small stream flooding is increasing.
  • Thanks 1