• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

Wow 
I'm thinking we hit 2.5" unless some backbuilding occurs. I really have no idea. Every meso was out to lunch in there own way. Props to NWS for falling back on good old analysis and not budging when a few mesos wanted to give Waynesboro less than a 0.25". No one is going to be able to pinpoint huge convective totals, but it was funny this morning seeing Twitter weather folk takes on all this. What's nuts is outside philly already got smoked by morning convection. There was one young meteorologist from Cornell that his senior project all about the great floods of northeast and Mid-Atlantic that put his neck out about what he thought purely based on dynamics and history, saying this might be the closest event as compared to Irene and Lee the whole area has had since those events. It's not there yet, but it sure is trending there in some places.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It’s currently stoped. 1.4”. I’m actually thankful I missed all the pre-game activity.

I did see a video and they might have to close the Harvey Taylor westbound. It looks pretty flooded right where the bridge hits the west shore. 
You're about to get whacked hard once more

Definitely cannot assume rain based on radar.    The cells reform/adjust in whatever direction they want. .9 (not .09) here with it winding down to lighter rain.   2.2" the last 26-27 days. 
Radar estimate is 1", 2 Davis weather stations say 1.5"

13 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Radar estimate is 1", 2 Davis weather stations say 1.5"

It only rained hard here for about 30-40 min so we did not get 1.5'.  Any wunderground or other reports out of West Wanynesboro that are under 3" are faulty.  Most of that area had 1-2" or higher rates for over 120 min.  I have one 5.2" reading and one 4.6"

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

This has all fallen since 1:30

Yup my station had 0.00 when we got home around 12:30pm today. Impressive storms. Wonder what highest totals are gonna be wouldn't suprise me if we see some 6+ readings in areas

It only rained hard here for about 30-40 min so we did not get 1.5'.  Any wunderground or other reports out of West Wanynesboro that are under 3" are faulty.  Most of that area had 1-2" or higher rates for over 120 min.  I have one 5.2" reading and one 4.6"
I'm saying the dual-pol radar estimates are way under weather station rain gauges, which tend to happen in events like this

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

What are you at?
That cell Friday sat over you for 90 minutes though. I never thought you would break 3"

Had 3.1” Friday. 1.6” currently and it’s very very light and nothing heavy on the way. 

Had 3.1” Friday. 1.6” currently and it’s very very light and nothing heavy on the way. 
Seems like next 2 hours will be that way. I was hoping for 1.5"+. Have close to 2.25". I'm wondering if kmdt even sees 1.5"

River really was a cutoff here today 
There's going to be multiple small cutoffs. North of reading has 7". Waynesboro has 5', New Bloomfield has 6", York and Lancaster aren't over yet. Welcome to convection lottery