• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

Who is staying up to watch the rain and your Hershey Hockey Bears tonight? 
Perfect night to be on a house deck that has one of those giant deck size umbrellas a comfy deck sofa, a TV on extension cord, you can get the game OTA, along with a small cooler of DIPA, and the day off tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

I'll be in York. Speaking of York, anyone know any parking hints for downtown after 5 pm that's not in a garage? I hate getting stuck in garage track after shows at the Appel. 

Maybe try parking at the white rose small parking garage. It's easy to get in and out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SnowLover15 said:

Maybe try parking at the white rose small parking garage. It's easy to get in and out.

We’re eating there beforehand actually - I see a lot on google maps next to it that’s paid (looks like a hefty $1/hour hah) but unsure if there is a time restriction. 

We’re eating there beforehand actually - I see a lot on google maps next to it that’s paid (looks like a hefty $1/hour hah) but unsure if there is a time restriction. 
Since you live close, avoid state street like the plaque today. Catholic church is getting a new bishop and state street is shut down. They are expecting over a 1000 people

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Didn't we get out biggest snowstorm in history from the last super el nino?

Saturday, January 16, 2016 I received 35" of snow making it the biggest single snowstorm accumulation of my life.  (I was 57 at the time).  I think temps were mainly in the low 20s, but I can't remember that as well.

1 minute ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Saturday, January 16, 2016 I received 35" of snow making it the biggest single snowstorm accumulation of my life.  (I was 57 at the time).  I think temps were mainly in the low 20s, but I can't remember that as well.

i trust your notes better then mine. I wonder why mine show 22-23rd? 

i

Just now, CarlislePaWx said:

Do I have the date wrong?   Jan 23rd was the following Saturday.  Hmmm.  I'm sure someone here can verify this.

The January 2016 United States blizzard produced up to 3 ft (91 cm) of snow in parts of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern United States during January 22–24, 2016. A weather system, evolving from a shortwave trough that formed in the Pacific Northwest on January 19, consolidated into a defined low-pressure area on January 21 over Texas. Meteorologists indicated that a resultant storm could produce more than 2 ft (61 cm) of snow across a wide swath of the Mid-Atlantic region and could "paralyze the eastern third of the nation", and regarded it as a "potentially historic blizzard".[1][2] Winter weather expert Paul Kocin described the blizzard as "kind of a top-10 snowstorm".[3]

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

The January 2016 United States blizzard produced up to 3 ft (91 cm) of snow in parts of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern United States during January 22–24, 2016. A weather system, evolving from a shortwave trough that formed in the Pacific Northwest on January 19, consolidated into a defined low-pressure area on January 21 over Texas. Meteorologists indicated that a resultant storm could produce more than 2 ft (61 cm) of snow across a wide swath of the Mid-Atlantic region and could "paralyze the eastern third of the nation", and regarded it as a "potentially historic blizzard".[1][2] Winter weather expert Paul Kocin described the blizzard as "kind of a top-10 snowstorm".[3]

Wow...my apologies.  I guess this is what happens when you are in 60s...lol

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That 2016 storm - the NAM was showing this "outrageous" stripe of 40" snows along the I81 corridor 48 hours in advance. It nailed that storm. No other model was honing in on that intense stripe of snow, especially that far out. 

That part I remember well.  I don't think any of us had ever seen that much forecast ever over us.  Certainly there was the usual "throw it out", but NAM was king for that one.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

King Nam in the 1/2-3/4" range for total qpf for most of the Eastern 1/2 of PA going into Friday.  Has a bullseye for qpf Friday AM just south of Cumberland county but that is quite random.   Fast cut off in qpf for the western 1/3 to 1/4 of the state. 

My buddy is starting to sweat bullets. He's having his daughters graduation party Saturday afternoon. He has been texting all morning asking for weather updates :lol:

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

My buddy is starting to sweat bullets. He's having his daughters graduation party Saturday afternoon. He has been texting all morning asking for weather updates :lol:

That is an easy one I think.  Humid...probably not going to be dry and sunny but could dodge rain in any given place.   LOL 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is an easy one I think.  Humid...probably not going to be dry and sunny but could dodge rain in any given place.   LOL 

He has no sense of humor at this point. I told him to have the guests bring 3 sets of clothes, 1 for humid weather, 1 for cold weather and a set of rain gear. He told me to F off :lmao:

• Haha 3