Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Summer 2023 OBS Thread

JTA66

8 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Big angry monster sounds coming from the W. Would like to see more reds but a good downpour looks likely..

bam.jpg

Yes, they appear to be losing their punch as they approach. Curious to see if the warning gets extended past 4:00.

76F/DP 71F

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Hope it doesn't completely fizzle before getting something out of it.  I put the umbrella down but may have jinxed it by doing it. :axe:

Temp down to 79 and watching those outflow boundaries moving to the west from Jersey too.

Full fizzle mode here. Ground damp, haven’t heard any thunder in a while. But it did drop my temp down to 74F.

43 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Full fizzle mode here. Ground damp, haven’t heard any thunder in a while. But it did drop my temp down to 74F.

It's literal virga here with whatever is the darker green blob going well north of here.  That outflow boundary just stabilized it enough to take any chance of rain out of the equation. :thumbsdown:

Currently sort of overcast because it is trying to break up with sun attempting to come back out again. Temp is 78 with dp 71.

There's another line that has formed back by Harrisburg but I'm not even going to count on that surviving the trip.

kdix_20230707_2058_BR_0.5.png

Just now, CoolHandMike said:

I guess we shall wait and and see if the NWS posts any totals tomorrow.

You would think it would be mentioned somewhere? (6") Did a google search and watched NBC10 @ 11pm and nothing came up/mentioned.They (Exton) would have had emergency/flash flood rescues if 6" fell in that short amount of time.

73F/DP 71F

* Tomorrow popups,  Sunday has more potential... 

6 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

I guess we shall wait and and see if the NWS posts any totals tomorrow.

There weren't any PNS reports for Exton from yesterday but there was a "Flash Flood" report in the LSR for there -

NWUS51 KPHI 072042
LSRPHI

Preliminary Local Storm Report
National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ
442 PM EDT Fri Jul 7 2023

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...
..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
            ..REMARKS..

0330 PM     Flash Flood      2 S Exton               40.01N 75.64W
07/07/2023                   Chester            PA   911 Call Center  

Water assist for flooded vehicle near 
            Spackmans Ln. 

&&

$$

MJL

Maybe someone estimated and reported the water on the road?

In any case, am currently at my "low" for the day (so far) of 74, with a high deck of cirrus, and dp 73. Got zippo for rain the past couple days and now on day 11 of being rain-less.

6 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

There weren't any PNS reports for Exton from yesterday but there was a "Flash Flood" report in the LSR for there -

Maybe someone estimated and reported the water on the road?

In any case, am currently at my "low" for the day (so far) of 74, with a high deck of cirrus, and dp 73. Got zippo for rain the past couple days and now on day 11 of being rain-less.

Keep that umbrella UP, lol.

34 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Keep that umbrella UP, lol.

LOL  I caved and left it down and then pulled out the hose and watered.  Then I saw there was a flood advisory up (looks like it may be for that cell in lower NE Philly).

Luckily the sun has been mostly obscured today and so far the temp has held just under 90 for a high (so far) with an 89.  Currently overcast and 87 with dp 75.

kdix_20230708_1730_BR_0.5.png