Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

8 minutes ago, Hitman said:

Nice day tomorrow to get some outdoor activities in before batting down the hatches.  have tree crew coming to take down some big ones encroaching on the house.  Love watching those guys work their magic 100 feet up.

The tree guys might be busy after this weekend. The saturated ground won’t need high winds to push a few trees down. 

No bust here. In fact, it just stopped drizzling and misting over the last half hour. I'm well over 3" since Friday morning and have plenty of branches down from the wind. Most of what (was) left of the garden is probably done for the year now and the fall crops I planted are mushy. The garlic and onions I planted last week for spring harvest are garbage and need to be planted again :(

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

Stuck in/under the classic early fall Wallkill River valley fog

Just about the entire valley was socked in thanks to the easterly breeze, advecting moisture off the river and promoting a deep fog layer. I was hoping to get some undercast shots from the Torne this morning, and on the nighttime microphysics loop it seemed like fog was still expanding in that direction, but it perfectly clear when I got to Bear Mountain. Plan B was Storm King, which yielded a nice undercast looking north.

eAZ5eKG.jpg

• Like 2