Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

They do appear to be on the Eastern side.  Keep reading the eastern side is weaker than west with this storm.  Saw pics/web cams showing water up to the top of a stop sign.  That is 5-10'. 

That area is getting crushed. And as you said, the western eyewall looks even stronger...and it's still a ways to go until it comes ashore. 

14 minutes ago, paweather said:

Yeah for sure. Awesome pic but very scary. 

I just saw a video of a woman in a Sanibel hotel (on stilts so surge below them, hotels not on stilts are under or in water)  and there were no doors open yet the wind was howling through the hotel and water was permeating somehow so the entire hotel was getting rained on with no doors opened. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I just saw a video of a woman in a Sanibel hotel (on stilts so surge below them, hotels not on stilts are under or in water)  and and there were not doors open yet the wind was howling through the hotel and water was permeating somehow so the entire hotel was getting rained on with no doors opened. 

WOW unbelievable. 

So I'm watching Cantore and Abrams basically in the eyewall doing live shots.  The NHC is showing max sustained winds of 150 mph.  There's no way any person (and most structures) could withstand 150.  So where exactly does the 150 reference to?  Flight level?

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

I have video of the reverse surge at the fam's place ... at 11 am. i'ts INSANE. Can't reach them now (I'm sure they're safe)

During Irma some people got caught out in the Tampa bay when the tide rolled in and surrounded them.  Helicopter had to come get them.   They all blamed Nick Saban. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Festus said:

So I'm watching Cantore and Abrams basically in the eyewall doing live shots.  The NHC is showing max sustained winds of 150 mph.  There's no way any person (and most structures) could withstand 150.  So where exactly does the 150 reference to?  Flight level?

Yeah rarely does anything even close to those numbers verify at actual stations on the surface.

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

DIdn't see the 18z but the 12z NAM had significant rains up into central NY state.

18Z not out that far yet but quite a bit faster than 12Z.  Storm is all down in Florida tonight.  Ian takes a wide stroll out into the Atlantic and scoops up enough energy to definitely put the Carolina's on high alert for a disaster. 

• Thanks 1