Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,515
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
    Joined

New England Met Fall 2022 Banter


HoarfrostHubb
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

i know nothing about ported barrels-what is that and what does it do?

The slide is also ported with 6 vent holes, (3 on ea side), (Barrel has 2), It vents the gases when you fire the handgun and suppose to take away some of the recoil, That's basically the reasoning for it besides it may be a few grams lighter but nothing of any significance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The slide is also ported with 6 vent holes, (3 on ea side), (Barrel has 2), It vents the gases when you fire the handgun and suppose to take away some of the recoil, That's basically the reasoning for it besides it may be a few grams lighter but nothing of any significance.

cool, thanks for explaining it. I love my sheild, it is a fun gun to shoot, and is quite accurate. Not a lot of recoil either

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

cool, thanks for explaining it. I love my sheild, it is a fun gun to shoot, and is quite accurate. Not a lot of recoil either

I have not even fired one round out of it yet as i just picked it up but that's what i heard, Recoil is manageable, There's a few indoor ranges near by and a buddy of mine has a nice outdoor one where i sighted in my 6.5 Creedmoor rifle before hunting season but to cold now to shoot outside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I have not even fired one round out of it yet as i just picked it up but that's what i heard, Recoil is manageable, There's a few indoor ranges near by and a buddy of mine has a nice outdoor one where i sighted in my 6.5 Creedmoor rifle before hunting season but to cold now to shoot outside.

6.5 Creedmoor - going to be a "beanfield hunter" now, looking for those 500-yard shots?  :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, tamarack said:

6.5 Creedmoor - going to be a "beanfield hunter" now, looking for those 500-yard shots?  :D

Ha ha, Well i already had a 7mm 08 which basically was similar, I did hit the target at 200yds with the creedmoor as that was at the end of the range, But it didn't have a magazine and was a top load which was a PIA, The creedmoor has a 5 shot clip so i traded that one for the 9mm pistol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Ha ha, Well i already had a 7mm 08 which basically was similar, But it didn't have a magazine and was a top load which was a PIA, The creedmoor has a 5 shot clip so i traded that one for the 9mm pistol

Took a few northern Maine deer with a top-loading 7x57 Mauser, but I prefer my current Remington 76 pump (.30-06) with the 4-shot clip.  No shots at game this season - I think my best chance was spoiled when neighbor kids on their bikes spooked a deer that was getting close.  Then my bout with anaplasmosis (plus arrival of nine guests - kids & grandkids) ended my season early on Thanksgiving week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tamarack said:

Took a few northern Maine deer with a top-loading 7x57 Mauser, but I prefer my current Remington 76 pump (.30-06) with the 4-shot clip.  No shots at game this season - I think my best chance was spoiled when neighbor kids on their bikes spooked a deer that was getting close.  Then my bout with anaplasmosis (plus arrival of nine guests - kids & grandkids) ended my season early on Thanksgiving week.

I took a few with my Remington 30-06 over the years, Traded that in for the 7mm-08 a few years back as the slide was warn and it also would no longer eject the shells so i didn't want to spend more $$ on an older rifle, The 7mm-08 is more recoil friendly as well as the creedmoor as i put a box and a half of shells thru it pre deer season and my shoulder thanked me......lol,  But same here, I saw 1 deer but had no shot and i won't shoot just for the sake of shooting unless i have a kill shot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...