• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Elarey7
    Newest Member
    Elarey7
May Observations 2022

20 minutes ago, gtg947h said:

I swear, those two heavier precip areas split right around my house and  passed by either side.  We had thunder all afternoon with nothing but a brief shower, then this leaves us out of most of the fun...

Welcome to summertime thunderstorms in the south! Admittedly, I got lucky with those two isolated storms. Hopefully you're getting more from this third more widespread storm.

1 hour ago, marsman said:

1.38" from this storm today, WRAL says we're going to get another wave tonight. Plenty for the plants & veggies. Very tropical feel to this storm.

Lots of small creek flooding in the area.

I was up in the Raleigh area today and just missed your storms but did hit 2 torrential rain makers on my way home. Only .01" in myb today.

2 hours ago, gtg947h said:

I've lived in Georgia for 31 years, I'm used to it :P

Doesn't make it any less disappointing though...

I understand, especially with the drought.

This evening's band of storms gave me only ~0.10". But the airport got 0.54".

Below is the CoCoRaHS map of Chatham County that incorporates all of yesterday's rains. The largest amounts were over Skidaway Island with 2-2.5". The smallest amounts (~2/3") were over the NW part of the county, including the airport. Next lowest amounts of ~3/4-1" were from Dutch Island/Thunderbolt eastward through Wilmington/Tybee Islands. Mid county got ~1.25-1.75".

RainfallChathamCocorahs052322HeaviestInMonths.gif.8d9434ca439a45a3c24cbd37cfd56642.gif