Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,311
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Abobus
    Newest Member
    Abobus
    Joined

Feb 2-4th Snowstorm- Observation Thread


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Ended up with about 4 inches of combined sleet and snow here.

Had to drive to Cornell U yesterday and they had a solid 8" by 11am or so and then another 3-4" of fluff during the afternoon hours with the final wave. Very wintry scene up there.

 

27 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Ended up with 6" sleet and snow. Plowed roads are worse than untouched walkways. 

So glad to read you both got to join in and are looking at fresh, wintry landscapes. Undoubtedly, you had higher qpf totals there as well.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, tim123 said:

System snow was 10to 12 to 1.  3rd wave was 20 to 1 lake effect higher. So average was 15 16 to 1. Just like what kuchra showed.

That's not how it works, Tim. The point others are trying to make is that the Kuchera maps were showing AREA-WIDE totals, related to the SYNOPTIC part, of 15 to 20 inches. That did NOT verify. The only places to get to 15 to 20 inches were those that got lake effect or lake enhancement. As mentioned several times, the Kuchera snowfall totals did NOT verify for the majority of those on this board.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, tim123 said:

System snow was 10to 12 to 1.  3rd wave was 20 to 1 lake effect higher. So average was 15 16 to 1. Just like what kuchra showed.

roch airport measured 1.11 qpf with 13.1 snow, avg 11.8-1 ratio. buffalo had 1.02 qpf with 9.7 snow for a 9.7 total, thats 10.5-1 ratio. This is through midnight last night. Where are you getting these 15/16-1 avgs? Even @DeltaT13 said those maps are wrong and he lives in the same county as you. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

roch airport measured 1.11 qpf with 13.1 snow, avg 11.8-1 ratio. buffalo had 1.02 qpf with 9.7 snow for a 9.7 total, thats 10.5-1 ratio. This is through midnight last night. Where are you getting these 15/16-1 avgs? Even @DeltaT13 said those maps are wrong and he lives in the same county as you. 

Wrong county

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

whatever county it is in, still holds same merit. 

ROC Climate data for the 2 days.  Weighting the ratios  based on % of total precip each day yields net ratio of 11.9:1.   SYZ was 9.9:1 using same method for those days combined. 

Screenshot_20220205-131851_Chrome.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

The 3rd wave had super high Ratios yesterday, most of what fell in Oswego county was from that not LES...

Harder to figure exact ratios for Oswego cty  and when they occurred based on CoCoRaHS as reports are usually 7-9 a.m., which includes the high ratio LES/enhancement after midnight. And the KART qpf data from NWS for 2/3, 2/4 are "M".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

ROC Climate data for the 2 days.  Weighting the ratios  based on % of total precip each day yields net ratio of 11.9:1.   SYZ was 9.9:1 using same method for those days combined. 

Screenshot_20220205-131851_Chrome.jpg

Average 12 to one ya yahoo. If you look back i said ratios would be more 12 13 to 1. Not 10 to one for entire event. Good god. I mentioned that and tombo was freaking out thinking I was crazy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Average 12 to one ya yahoo. If you look back i said ratios would be more 12 13 to 1. Not 10 to one for entire event. Good god. 

? So the 13:1 ratios you are claiming ARE verification that the Kuchera maps were wrong, as Rochester didn't get the 15 to 20 inches they were showing. You're arguing yourself into a hole.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tim123 said:

Go get your shine box piddle pants. Now go get back on your moms teet and ask for more bitty. Guy ladouche

wtf is your problem man. Just having a conversation here. To think I felt bad after coming after you this week then getting yelled at. Man you deserve it, 100% after these posts today.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...