Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I'd bet the under.  The mesos show very scattered stuff until tomorrow afternoon/evening.  Maybe you get lucky under one of those showers though.

Agree. Nothing organized in what the models are showing. Scattered garden type showers. You could get lucky with a heavier shower.

currrenty 91. 

10 hours ago, Hitman said:

I had to go to graveside funeral at 2 in Paramus.  It was hot.  Car thermo read 98f.

where’s this back door cold front?  Still almost 80f here.

9 hours ago, Hitman said:

Down to 60f.  That was quick

Good morning Hitman. It arrived cool, refreshing and peaceful. Perhaps a message sent. Stay well, as always …..

• Like 2

The difference between my front yard and back this time of year is staggering. Most of the back only gets full sun for a few hours in the early afternoon, and the grass is green, thick, and i gotta mow it every few days. Some wet spots dont go away for days. 

front yard gets full sun from about 11 am till sunset. Unless we get rain twice a week, my lawn browns, like it already is now. Luckily My garden is between them and i can balance the full sun veggies and the partial shade stuff. By july the whole yard will be brown lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BxEngine said:

The difference between my front yard and back this time of year is staggering. Most of the back only gets full sun for a few hours in the early afternoon, and the grass is green, thick, and i gotta mow it every few days. Some wet spots dont go away for days. 

front yard gets full sun from about 11 am till sunset. Unless we get rain twice a week, my lawn browns, like it already is now. Luckily My garden is between them and i can balance the full sun veggies and the partial shade stuff. By july the whole yard will be brown lol

I don’t think you will have any brownout’s any time soon. Hopefully the back yard doesn’t float away. 0.71 in the bucket so far and have a thundershower currently.

405EE9C3-D263-4957-99F9-2C09A83DF194.png

11 hours ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

I don’t think you will have any brownout’s any time soon. Hopefully the back yard doesn’t float away. 0.71 in the bucket so far and have a thundershower currently.

405EE9C3-D263-4957-99F9-2C09A83DF194.png

Rumor on the street is that @BxEnginehas been known to have a brownout after a rough night of drinking.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Not since my 20 yr HS reunion a few years ago lol. Now i mid afternoon drink and go to bed at 8 pm. Its glorious. 

I’ve had a couple…but I’m with you on the day drinking now.  I’m surprised I didn’t have one last weekend after Shilelagh Law at the Irishfest…me stumbling up the street to the bar afterwards had to be a sight but the pipes showed up and the bar was going nuts with the Ranger game on. Good times. 

• Like 1

I fall asleep by 9 or so unless I'm up doing stuff. A couple of days a week it's 2 or maybe 3 drinks, eat dinner, sit down, fall asleep within an hour. I'm old though :sleepy:

We've gotten enough rain now that the soil is wet at least a foot down. Looks like drought won't be a thing this year unless something really dramatic happens. IME once everything is leafed out and the soil moisture is replaced it ends up being a good growing year. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Stuff over rockland is training. Not good. 

Flood Advisory National Weather Service New York NY 309 PM EDT Thu Jun 2 2022 NJC003-031-NYC071-087-022100- /O.NEW.KOKX.FA.Y.0029.220602T1909Z-220602T2100Z/ /00000.N.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/ Bergen NJ-Passaic NJ-Orange NY-Rockland NY- 309 PM EDT Thu Jun 2 2022 ...FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON... * WHAT...Urban and small stream flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected. * WHERE...Portions of northeast New Jersey and southeast New York, including the following counties, in northeast New Jersey, Bergen and Passaic. In southeast New York, Orange and Rockland. * WHEN...Until 500 PM EDT. * IMPACTS...Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS... - At 307 PM EDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain. This will cause urban and small stream flooding. Between 0.5 and 1 inch of rain has fallen. - Additional rainfall amounts of 0.50 to 0.75 inches are expected over the area. - Some locations that will experience flooding include... Ringwood, Sloatsburg and Tuxedo Park.