joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2021/2022 January Thread

AMZ8990

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

From MRX for January. 

lsYYMu.jpg

Nashville had 9.5 per OHX, Jamestown 13, Allardt 20.1.  Couldn't find Crossville data. I ended up with 19.8 inches in January. Sad that 4 inches is the most snow in Knoxville in January since 2014. Also wild to set all time monthly record highs, not get remotely close to any record lows, but still finish BN for the month temp wise. 

• Like 2

Not sure if any of these places are missing data but January 2022 monthly snowfall totals. At my house we had 18.5". With the heavy snow band that passed through where Wintersnow888 lives in the most recent snow, they probably ended up slightly over 20" for the month:

Allardt - 20.1"

Oneida - 17.9"

Roan Mountain - 17.5"

Monterey - 17.0"

Wise, VA - 17.0"

Newcomb (Jellico area) - 16.9"

Crossville Exp Station - 13.2"

Monteagle - 11"

Nashville - 9.5"

Murfreesboro - 9"

Knoxville - 5.7"

Lenoir City - 5.6"

Bristol - 5.4"

Sparta - 4.7"

Tazewell - 4.2"

Rockwood - T

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shocker0 said:

Not sure if any of these places are missing data but January 2022 monthly snowfall totals. At my house we had 18.5". With the heavy snow band that passed through where Wintersnow888 lives in the most recent snow, they probably ended up slightly over 20" for the month:

Allardt - 20.1"

Oneida - 17.9"

Roan Mountain - 17.5"

Monterey - 17.0"

Wise, VA - 17.0"

Newcomb (Jellico area) - 16.9"

Crossville Exp Station - 13.2"

Monteagle - 11"

Nashville - 9.5"

Murfreesboro - 9"

Knoxville - 5.7"

Lenoir City - 5.6"

Bristol - 5.4"

Sparta - 4.7"

Tazewell - 4.2"

Rockwood - T

They missed one event in Tazewell as far as how much fell. I believe they had something like 1 or 2 inches when 4-5 fell per a relative I have that lives there. 

The Newcomb station is the one I refer to that's a bit NW of me. Them getting 17 inches is particularly impressive because they are only 978 feet in elevation in a deep valley.  Most of Campbell County is well over 1000  feet, if you live below 1000 feet in the southern part of the county you're under Norris Lake.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, John1122 said:

They missed one event in Tazewell as far as how much fell. I believe they had something like 1 or 2 inches when 4-5 fell per a relative I have that lives there. 

The Newcomb station is the one I refer to that's a bit NW of me. Them getting 17 inches is particularly impressive because they are only 978 feet in elevation in a deep valley.  Most of Campbell County is well over 1000  feet, if you live below 1000 feet in the southern part of the county you're under Norris Lake.

Yeah, this missing data can definitely throw off snow totals for the past years for sure, like you've mentioned before. I didn't look too closely at the Tazewell data but that did seem a little low. And maybe Newcomb got more in one of those "elevation" events that dropped more snow on the lower elevations than the higher ones around where you and I live. That is impressive that they got almost the same as Oneida straight west of them at 600ft higher.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, John1122 said:

From MRX for January. 

lsYYMu.jpg

Nashville had 9.5 per OHX, Jamestown 13, Allardt 20.1.  Couldn't find Crossville data. I ended up with 19.8 inches in January. Sad that 4 inches is the most snow in Knoxville in January since 2014. Also wild to set all time monthly record highs, not get remotely close to any record lows, but still finish BN for the month temp wise. 

Pretty odd for Knox to have that much considering they measured two storms at .20 inches. I have measured 4.5, but it was a bit more evenly distributed between systems. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, John1122 said:

From MRX for January. 

lsYYMu.jpg

"Cold November" correlation paying off big time this year.

• Like 1