Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Western PA/Pittsburgh Winter 2021/22 Discussion

meatwad

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

For perspective, NWS gives us a 13% chance of 18”+ at PIT. I think I saw the Steelers have a 14% chance of winning.

Kelce and Tyreek were both limping off the field last week, if the defense can push the screws a little, we should do a lot better.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I’m starting to worry that what looked like something special on the overnight model runs the morning of the event is now just going to be a garden variety WSW snowfall.

The only model that is truly awful is the NAM, though the euro is actually not great too. 

The 3km NAM gives a foot and so does just about everything else with the best snows only showing 25-50 miles west. 

We probably see 10-12 inches regardless with I think honestly a potential for 15-18  with a small shift.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I’m starting to worry that what looked like something special on the overnight model runs the morning of the event is now just going to be a garden variety WSW snowfall. Won’t complain about 8” or so, but we get that kind of event most years.

We need that low to jump east and not just go right through west central PA. If that low can jump or track even a little further east than modeled then we will get hammered. 

1 minute ago, north pgh said:

And don’t forget….it’s gonna be cold the next couple weeks so the snow won’t be going anywhere. :shiver:

40 and a chance of rain on Wednesday. A garden variety 6-8” event will be almost gone in areas that get any sunshine at all in 3 days.

Just now, Rd9108 said:

yep and hopefully mother nature does what it wants and gives us a surprise 

She's done it before. 

Also something to consider, and I do not know the answer -> How well do the models do with Low placement when directly traveling over the apps? Do orographic features cause the models to struggle with exact placement and transfer?

Just now, MikeB_01 said:

She's done it before. 

Also something to consider, and I do not know the answer -> How well do the models do with Low placement when directly traveling over the apps? Do orographic features cause the models to struggle with exact placement and transfer?

Funny I was just thinking the same thing. The apps could cause the low to jump east and bullseye us but that's wayyyyyu above my knowledge and pay grade. I just drive a big red truck around.