• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Western PA/Pittsburgh Winter 2021/22 Discussion

meatwad

Yinz are going to drive yourselves nuts clicking on hourly increments of hourly models for the 8 hours, and checking where the pretty colors line up. 

I think E to W across central AGC will be the difference between 8 and 12 because of dry slot duration. And N to S along that axis will add or subtract ~2” from that range.

Beaver /Lawrence/Butler certainly have a shot to pop a 15” total. 

• Like 1

Just now, Burghblizz said:

Yinz are going to drive yourselves nuts clicking on hourly increments of hourly models for the 8 hours, and checking where the pretty colors line up. 

I think E to W across central AGC will be the difference between 8 and 12 because of dry slot duration. And N to S along that axis will add or subtract ~2” from that range.

Clicking the hourly increments is what i live for lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MikeB_01 said:

Very possible. Watch the HRRR from hr 14-23. It starts west, tries to transfer to the east, and then goes back west. IF it doesnt go back west. We might get the death band

we are just going to have to watch where it pivots. December of last year we were close to being dry slotted but it pivoted just in time.

4 minutes ago, Burghblizz said:

As a weather nerd it's not too often we get a chance at a foot so when it happens o become obsessed. I'll probably go hit some golf balls at the dome and then come home and get ready to enjoy whatever falls while watching the greatest upset in the history of the NFL wildcard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

As a weather nerd it's not too often we get a chance at a foot so when it happens o become obsessed. I'll probably go hit some golf balls at the dome and then come home and get ready to enjoy whatever falls while watching the greatest upset in the history of the NFL wildcard.

Thing is, the models suggest we could already have warning-level snow on the ground when Ben lines up in the victory formation and takes a knee.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

For steeler fans, a power outage might be better. They have no shot lol.

And no, this isn't negativity, I am not a steeler fan.

Just now, KPITSnow said:

For steeler fans, a power outage might be better. They have no shot lol.

And no, this isn't negativity, I am not a steeler fan.

I’m supposed to work tomorrow but not going to sleep much tonight so I could get behind the power outage idea.

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Thing is, the models suggest we could already have warning-level snow on the ground when Ben lines up in the victory formation and takes a knee.

Yeah, some of the heaviest snow looks to fall before 1am, then go to bed and don't fret the slot and wake up a few hours later and watch radar fill in, that might be my plan lol. Being east of the city my yard probably needs more of an adjustment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

Yeah, some of the heaviest snow looks to fall before 1am, then go to bed and don't fret the slot and wake up a few hours later and watch radar fill in, that might be my plan lol. Being east of the city my yard probably needs more of an adjustment.

That’s my plan too. Sleep during dry slot :-)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

Just for fun I clicked through to end of Euro, and it has a very similar setup next weekend, shortwave diving down with another coming in behind that could phase partially... 

Yeah, jog that thing a bit west and we’re in business. It’s at least interesting at this point.

The 6z GFS has a parade of potential winter greatness.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Yeah, jog that thing a bit west and we’re in business. It’s at least interesting at this point.

The 6z GFS has a parade of potential winter greatness.

NAM hires does not dry slot us at all, which is a solid trend as the NAM has been one of the most aggressive models in slotting us. 

• Like 1