Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Fall 2021

canderson

14 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

The Red Sox sure do have a lot of underachieving seasons for a team spending $200M/year. I can’t say I know what that’s like, but I do know what it’s like to be frustrated with one’s team.

It's funny that you bring that up during the Halloween time period when things are at their "mookiest".

image.png.0ef50437596d292a8c8a4d8f6fab91e2.png

54 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I completely understand the anger/frustration, and you can speak freely about your team however you want, but the last part of that rant is uncalled for; and honestly, false. Riplan's ERA isn't that much over 4 runs a game. 

There have been some HOF "junkball pitchers" as well. 

Wells had a 7.4 ERA to start last night's game. His stuff wasn't good although he mixed pitches decently well - Boston had horrific at bats after the first inning. 

Edit: I don't say junkballer to be disrespectful - but this offense should kill them. They're supposedly built to feast on that style. 

33 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

The Red Sox sure do have a lot of underachieving seasons for a team spending $200M/year. I can’t say I know what that’s like, but I do know what it’s like to be frustrated with one’s team.

Well they have the most titles since 2000 and 4th best record. This year they had a real hot streak and played way over their heads ... it's been a very disappointing last month. Just bad baseball - errors, poor baserunning, really bad approaches at the plate. I have to wonder if all the Covid issues they've faced has split the team apart. It's ugly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT used two below normal days at the end of the month to slip below the +2 departure and come in at +1.9.  All and all not too much off normal with a small lean toward over. 

The only thing I’ll add is that the 1991-2020 September normal at MDT is a full 2 degrees higher than the 1981-2010 September normal, so last year with those stats you’d be talking about a +4.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

A new normal where September is 5+ degrees warmer than it was just 30-40 years ago. That’s the part that gets me.

Do you have the stats on each month?  Summer is hotter as well since we keep getting into the top 10 all time.  This article seems to suggest that the new full year average normal is 1 degree hotter than two decades ago and 1.7 hotter than in the 1930's.  This is country wide vs. local.

https://www.fox6now.com/news/noaa-climate-data-shows-normal-us-temperature-hotter-than-20-years-ago

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Do you have the stats on each month?  Summer is hotter as well since we keep getting into the top 10 all time.  This article seems to suggest that the new full year average normal is 1 degree hotter than two decades ago and 1.7 hotter than in the 1930's.  This is country wide vs. local.

https://www.fox6now.com/news/noaa-climate-data-shows-normal-us-temperature-hotter-than-20-years-ago

I’d have to dig into it at some point. I try not to think about climate change that often because it makes me depressed.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, paweather said:

Didn't notice that. Hmmmm - hopefully lower than that. 

And all these calls of wet next week should still be taken with some limitations.  Check out the EC for the next 6 days.  It does get wetter after this but that is more next weekend.  The CMC is wet next week but not the other two until the weekend for the EC and following week for GFS. 

image.png.461494103dbce102d82027b377b29fb1.png

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

And all these calls of wet next week should still be taken with some limitations.  Check out the EC for the next 6 days.  It does get wetter after this but that is more next weekend.  The CMC is west next week but not the other two until the weekend for the EC and following week for GFS. 

image.png.461494103dbce102d82027b377b29fb1.png

Let's hope for good model trends today. 

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Trevor Lawrence has vowed to not cut his hair until they make the playoffs. 

He's improved a lot since the first game. Losing Etienne for the season hurt a lot, and their defense has gone from one of the best of all time to horrid. Having said all that I think they'll win one of their next 2 games. If not, the schedule gets really ugly thereafter. 

• Like 1