Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,974
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Sr. Fhrinse William
    Newest Member
    Sr. Fhrinse William
    Joined

Central PA - Fall 2021


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Here was the 3K from Monday AM showing the scatted storms and general rain showers Tuesday AM.  Cannot count on it to point point exact locations with cells.  The HRRR had a similar look 24 hours prior.

I'll admit that I didn't look at the models over the weekend, but like I posted when I left for work. I was surprised we had some light rain already at 5:30am. By the time I loaded the trailer in Hazleton and came back down through Tamaqua, a cell had popped up just west of town. Saw my first flash at a traffic light in Hometown and thought, "was that lightning?", but kind of dismissed it until I got into Tamaqua itself and saw a streak come down on the mountain in front of me.  From there to the Blue Mountain on 309, it was a strange combination of lightning, moderate rain, and the rising sun in my eyes through the windshield.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Voyager said:

I'll admit that I didn't look at the models over the weekend, but like I posted when I left for work. I was surprised we had some light rain already at 5:30am. By the time I loaded the trailer in Hazleton and came back down through Tamaqua, a cell had popped up just west of town. Saw my first flash at a traffic light in Hometown and thought, "was that lightning?", but kind of dismissed it until I got into Tamaqua itself and saw a streak come down on the mountain in front of me.  From there to the Blue Mountain on 309, it was a strange combination of lightning, moderate rain, and the rising sun in my eyes through the windshield.

I hear ya.  And I was more pointing out that the NWS could have had it in their forecast a little more strongly vs. suggesting you dropped the ball.  LOL.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Red Sox look like they want to back their way in or just go home.  Phil's fall short but put up a better fight than the Sox are right now. 

Both Boston and New York have been riding the Comet all season. Looks like the Bombers are peaking the crest right now and Sox might be heading for the first drop. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Who wants to count on how many times this happens over the next 7 months...

Hundreds. I would imagine most days in DJF have at least one clown range GFS run with digital snowfall. You know, 20 and snowy on one run then 55 and sunny the next.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Hundreds. I would imagine most days in DJF have at least one clown range GFS run with digital snowfall. You know, 20 and snowy on one run then 55 and sunny the next.

Hmm...can't say I haven't sung that tune before. 

Not sure if you were in here yet last winter...I'm not the super biggest fan of snow maps. 

HOWEVER...a lot in here are and I respect that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Hmm...can't say I haven't sung that tune before. 

Not sure if you were in here yet last winter...I'm not the super biggest fan of snow maps. 

HOWEVER...a lot in here are and I respect that. 

Come on now Blizz does a good job with them gets us excited and them poof. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Hmm...can't say I haven't sung that tune before. 

Not sure if you were in here yet last winter...I'm not the super biggest fan of snow maps. 

HOWEVER...a lot in here are and I respect that. 

Snow maps result in a lot of disappointment mostly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Mariners came out of nowhere. Going to be an interesting final 5 days of the season.

 

Them, and St. Louis. Still trying to figure out what to make of them, winning 17 straight and getting rewarded with an away wild-card game against a 100 win team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, paweather said:

Understood but it is also nice to see those maps from Blizz light up our mornings.

Yes. That's why I totally respect the situation. Just because it does nothing for me, it's not about me. I acknowledge that most on here love to see them, so they absolutely should get posted. Why not post things that people want? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...