• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 28-29 Severe Potential

sbnwx85

Winds maxed out in the upper 40's  I think around here overnight - I slept through it.

More interesting was the amount of warmth and moisture at low levels of the atmosphere. Before the line came through, KDKB achieved an 80 degree dewpoint with an 80/80 temperature reading...at 2am.

There was also this sounding at MPX.

MPX.thumb.gif.60387e487e11548c291104d9eb53e999.gif

Watertown tornado was 1/4 mile from my house. Tore up a couple  neighbors property pretty good. Had to put down some bison on one of the farms after barn collapsed on them.  Split a tree in half in my yard. 

Went and checked out Concord EF1 today. Lots of damage. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Wttnwx said:

Watertown tornado was 1/4 mile from my house. Tore up a couple  neighbors property pretty good. Had to put down some bison on one of the farms after barn collapsed on them.  Split a tree in half in my yard. 

Went and checked out Concord EF1 today. Lots of damage. 

Sorry to hear this was a scary night for you! I imagine it would be very stressful to hide in the basement at midnight or 1:00AM, when you don't know what's happening outside.

This was the 1-hour maximum rotation detected by nearby radars. The highest rotation on here was SE Of Watertown, but the preliminary report was that the tornado was 3 mi SW of Watertown. (Watertown is in the middle of this image)

53QnLCH.jpg

• Like 1

Update: MKX surveyed four EF0-1 paths from Cross Plains to Verona from 12:39-12:57 AM Thursday. They call it four tornadoes (I probably would call it one with an intermittent/multivortex structure, not unlike the Shell Rock-Waverly, IA one from 7/14). Tornado warning never issued on this cell despite couplet and rather obvious embedded supercell reflectivity structure, thus never received WEA. Wouldn't have woken up (except perhaps by thunder) if not for Madison deciding to blow the sirens. By the time this happened, the tornado(es) had already passed to my west and the Verona tornado was in progress to my south and a few minutes from lifting.

Between that and being on the aforementioned Shell Rock/Waverly storm, although as usual blowing a great opportunity to get much better shots of the tornado, July was pretty rockin' for me. Goosebumps Girls' pleas were heard.