• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Summer 2021

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Just walked around campus over lunch - very nice SE breeze blowing. Cloudy with sun peeking through.

Home weather station is reading 76.6 right now. 

We have to enjoy it now because we are likely going into the "dog days" of summer heat. We have tomorrow and maybe Thursday yet. 

1 minute ago, paweather said:

We have to enjoy it now because we are likely going into the "dog days" of summer heat. We have tomorrow and maybe Thursday yet. 

Absolutely. 

And like I said over the weekend...let it get hot. It is August, and it is the dog days. Hot weather in August is more tolerable to me because; well, it's August...and the end is in sight. :) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TimB84 said:

@Bubbler86 whatever you do, do NOT look at the 0z GFS in the morning. Up late on vacation and thought it’d be fun to see what it looked like before I went to bed for a change, but now I wish I hadn’t.

@Voyager, feel free to look at said model run. It’s your fantasy.

Life threatening temps and extreme drought (extreme drought considering a two week time period.)   5 hours ago was around 2AM.  Were you calling State Farm for the GFS update?  :-)  

Euro and CMC do not seem so extreme on the temps.  Euro even worse on qpf through 240. 

4 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Life threatening temps and extreme drought (extreme drought considering a two week time period.)   5 hours ago was around 2AM.  Were you calling State Farm for the GFS update?  :-)  

Euro and CMC do not seem so extreme on the temps.  Euro even worse on qpf through 240. 

LOL. Happened to be up late enough to check it. It looks like an anomaly because 1) the 6z looks night and day different in the longer term and 2) the GFS has been spitting out unprecedented heat in the middle of the country for weeks. While I’m pretty sure it’s been hot there, I don’t think it’s been to all time record levels. Next week will be hot. But it probably won’t be ridiculously hot and it might not be that prolonged.

38 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

LOL. Happened to be up late enough to check it. It looks like an anomaly because 1) the 6z looks night and day different in the longer term and 2) the GFS has been spitting out unprecedented heat in the middle of the country for weeks. While I’m pretty sure it’s been hot there, I don’t think it’s been to all time record levels. Next week will be hot. But it probably won’t be ridiculously hot and it might not be that prolonged.

Keep those 100's outta here.  No heat records needed this year.   I will check out the 12Z when I have some time.    Busy week. 

3 hours ago, TimB84 said:

12Z GFS is an Old Fashioned "Call the Patriot News/Post-Gazette/Philly Inquirer and warn the commoners about heat" heat wave.  Its not as intense as some runs but its relentless especially for the LSV and South/East.    Would have to do some checking but may run the risk of setting a record for most days in a row above 90 at MDT.  Think we have had this discussion before.  10 of 11 days above 90. CMC focuses much of the heat farther West and not nearly "as bad" but still hot.     GFS does throw out this fantasy relief.  12Z Euro questions whether anyone except S/E PA even sees a heatwave.  Not nearly as hot as it has a minor trough affecting the area late next week.  

image.thumb.png.d7b7fa433c02bc8c748e9a557681075e.png

• Like 1