• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Doug747
    Newest Member
    Doug747
Central PA - Spring 2021

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

Unless the HRRR is right, I might end up just under 2 inches with 1.91 as of 1:30pm.

21 minutes ago, canderson said:

It’s been totally dry for hours. Think the rain is all gone for the next several days. 

I'm confused  - CTP has been saying all day that there would be little to no measurable precip today followed by increasing chances tonight and tomorrow, no? 

20 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm confused  - CTP has been saying all day that there would be little to no measurable precip today followed by increasing chances tonight and tomorrow, no? 

18Z Nam says to keep the galoshes out as tonight/tomorrow is an LSV washout though Eastern LSV is dryish a good bit of tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS stays with the record setting day temp wise tomorrow.  Says MDT does not make 50.  Not sure I believe that but I do think MDT sets another daily low max.  Also says MDT is on watch for a record low Monday AM.   About another 1/4" of rain across the board for LSV. 

Thinking tomorrow may be as cool as today if not a touch cooler, especially east of I-81 - reason being, it sure looks to me like tomorrow is going to be wetter than today. Wouldn't be at all surprised if tomorrow ends up quite rainy in eastern areas.

Rain is blossoming coming up out of MD/VA now. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Thinking tomorrow may be as cool as today if not a touch cooler, especially east of I-81 - reason being, it sure looks to me like tomorrow is going to be wetter than today. Wouldn't be at all surprised if tomorrow ends up quite rainy in eastern areas.

Rain is blossoming coming up out of MD/VA now. 

Yes, I actually think the GFS is underdone in qpf totals and you, Voyager, etc....are counting between 1/2 and 1" more.  Just an opinion.    But even over here I think it is wet all night and all day tomorrow.    Think tonight some areas see outright downpours. More general light/persistent rain tomorrow if it comes to happen. 

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yes, I actually think the GFS is underdone in qpf totals and you, Voyager, etc....are counting between 1/2 and 1" more.  Just an opinion.    But even over here I think it is wet all night and all day tomorrow.    Think tonight some areas see outright downpours. More general light/persistent rain tomorrow if it comes to happen. 

Rain has commenced and added a few hundreds of an inch already. Just as notable, temp has fallen from 50 to 48. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Rain has commenced and added a few hundreds of an inch already. Just as notable, temp has fallen from 50 to 48. 

More importantly, if the high of 52 at MDT holds, it will be the latest day on record with a high of 52 or lower. We hit 51 so far at PIT, which won’t set any of that sort of record, though it’s a daily record.

8 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

More importantly, if the high of 52 at MDT holds, it will be the latest day on record with a high of 52 or lower. We hit 51 so far at PIT, which won’t set any of that sort of record, though it’s a daily record.

Correct - historic "cold" for sure. Hard to believe we're experiencing temperatures typical of March on Memorial Day weekend. 

10 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

My high (so far) today was 49.6 so I suppose the "official" would be 50 since I believe the NWS rounds up or down accordingly.

2 minutes ago, Voyager said:

My high (so far) today was 49.6 so I suppose the "official" would be 50 since I believe the NWS rounds up or down accordingly.

You may hate the cold, but you’re witnessing history. :)

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Correct - historic "cold" for sure. Hard to believe we're experiencing temperatures typical of March on Memorial Day weekend. 

We would have had to top out at 44 at PIT to set that particular type of record, which was of course never in the cards, but I’m happy someone in my home state got to experience history. And the 51 at PIT is the coldest high temperature on this date or later since 1956.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

You may hate the cold, but you’re witnessing history. :)

It's like a snowstorm. While I dislike the white stuff, I enjoy the tracking, and then want the highest total I can get if it's going to happen.

Same with this historic cold. I didn't want it, but once it became likely, then I want to break the record. The fact that it would be recorded as a 50 is a bummer, because a high in the 40's this late is quite rare.

38 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Not at all diminishing their info but our recent frequent 70's days in winter make stats like this a bit less impressive.  RE: in 2015 it was warmer every day between Dec 22 and 27 than it was today. The fact that we are experiencing the two coldest days (high temp)  immediately leading up to Memorial day, ever in record keeping, is the big news!  

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

I don’t like disagreeing with CTP but I really don’t see much precip at all hitting MDT. Maybe a tenth of an inch sometime in the mornings but it looks dry after like noon. 

Looks like mdt has been light to mod rain for hours this evening per radar.  Not raining at your place? 

13 minutes ago, canderson said:

I don’t like disagreeing with CTP but I really don’t see much precip at all hitting MDT. Maybe a tenth of an inch sometime in the mornings but it looks dry after like noon. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Looks like mdt has been light to mod rain for hours this evening per radar.  Not raining at your place? 

I haven't had a drop of rain in over 4 hours. Maybe we won't get much more after all. We'll see if tomorrow brings any surprises.

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Nope. No precip since early this morning, maybe drizzle I haven’t noticed but the sidewalk and roads are dry. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I haven't had a drop of rain in over 4 hours. Maybe we won't get much more after all. We'll see if tomorrow brings any surprises.

Looks like the rain I saw went a bit southeast of mdt.  Some .10ish readings on wunderground a bit east of the airport.