• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2021

8 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Bottomed out at 38 here last night.  Just a beautiful stretch of weather incoming.

GFS veered a little toward the Euro hot house forecast.  GFS would be more than acceptable with a few days in the 60's and a few in the 70's (next week).   Keep those 80's away is my opinion.  Water Temp at OC MD is 55 so going to be a chilly Memorial day for swimming unless one likes upper 50's to 60ish water...but pretty normal for this time of the year. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS veered a little toward the Euro hot house forecast.  GFS would be more than acceptable with a few days in the 60's and a few in the 70's (next week).   Keep those 80's away is my opinion.  Water Temp at OC MD is 55 so going to be a chilly Memorial day for swimming unless one likes upper 50's to 60ish water...but pretty normal for this time of the year. 

Even if it’s mostly 70s, the GFS sends near-70 dewpoints pouring into PA later next week.

Just now, TimB84 said:

Even if it’s mostly 70s, the GFS sends near-70 dewpoints pouring into PA later next week.

Sticky but I am ok with it if the temp is 65-70.  The drier patter is worrisome.  The full GFS run has that ring of dry/Atlantic High look to it.    I will still have to wear pants at home M-F either way. LOL. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sticky but I am ok with it if the temp is 65-70.  The drier patter is worrisome.  The full GFS run has that ring of dry/Atlantic High look to it.    I will still have to wear pants at home M-F either way. LOL. 

The following Saturday is also 70s with oppressive humidity (on the GFS) so you can wear shorts then...

1 hour ago, paweather said:

True. But you have to admit this is the first spring where we didn't go into Summer Heat in a long time. I know you would want that but it actually feels like Spring Weather for a change. Hope we can get back to 4 seasons again. 

Agreed, but I could do with fewer lows in the 30's in the morning.

15 minutes ago, paweather said:

Frost Advisories extended Northern PA and Western PA and all of WV. 

Bit surprising as the HRRR DP's are well below the forecasted lows.  Guess they are counting on the models under forecasting valley cold spots.    The low DP's saved us here last night as there was not much moisture formation depute being near freezing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Beautiful indeed - not much rain in sight though. For those of us that didn't get much last week, I'll be spending a lot of time watering my flowers and veggies. 

Yeah it certainly looks to be on the dry side for the foreseeable future.  Brown crunchy yards cometh early this year perhaps?  Ugh.

11 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah it certainly looks to be on the dry side for the foreseeable future.  Brown crunchy yards cometh early this year perhaps?  Ugh.

When we run out of gas the lack of mowing may be helpful. Do I need to wear my mask while mowing or only if my neighbor is not vaccinated?   In all seriousness, the GFS at 12Z looks a lot like last May but a couple weeks later.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

When we run out of gas the lack of mowing may be helpful. Do I need to wear my mask while mowing or only if my neighbor is not vaccinated?   In all seriousness, the GFS at 12Z looks a lot like last May but a couple weeks later.  

haha great point, and you will wear your mask forever, ya hear?  Forever! Follow the science, don't question anything!  But seriously, I love it when I hear these grand proclamations that you no longer have to wear masks outside or whatnot, and my wife and I just look at each other like "Uuuuuhhhh we've never worn masks outside but hey thanks!"  So much theater of the absurd happening but on we go in the simulation haha, now back to weather.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Got up to 71 today. It's a delightful 67 here just past 7pm. 

Wow, we only got to 60 today and its already down to 48 with a DP of 34.   Still think we avoid frost with those DP's though.  Temp differences have been fairly extreme this spring.  We have elevation but a 10-15 degree difference is pretty big. 

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wow, we only got to 60 today and its already down to 48 with a DP of 34.   Still think we avoid frost with those DP's though.  Temp differences have been fairly extreme this spring.  We have elevation but a 10-15 degree difference is pretty big. 

I'm radiating pretty efficiently this evening, already down to 54. 

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

So 7 Yankees have Covid and 6 were fully vaccinated with the JNJ vaccine.  That is pretty big news. 

I just saw that, and it is big news. Sigh. I just don't know what to think...