• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 minute ago, wolfie09 said:

We'll see how it works out, never know with LES lol Rgem for example starts it west, veers WNW and then backs up west/WSW..I think we all probably see some snow..You have one system going north with it's associated CF and another LP off the east coast.. Maybe some sort of convergence band..Winds area all over the place at the surface..

rgem_mslp_wind_neus_47 (1).png

Thats definitely an interesting look for Monday morning so perhaps we'll see but Tuesday into Wednesday looks like our next best chance for a sustained flow out of the WNW-NW

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

You're more experienced with the local climo...what pattern is best for us? I seriously sit here and wonder what it takes for Syracuse to reach its average. I thought Lows passing to the SE would still provide us with NW flow and some snows. Just seems like no pattern works out for us...so, what is best?

You would of absolutely loved January of 03' as it snowed every day and thats no exaggeration either as it began, I remember on New Years day with a clipper and then that was it, there was a NW-WNW flow for practically the whole month.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/fxg1/NARR/2003.html

Go to this site and go to 2003 obviously January and start on the 4th and that's the pattern we want for sustained cold with copious amounts of snow, lol!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Looks like the PV is going to make a visit into the Northeast next weekend and as it drops it looks like something forms along the coast but its too far ots for it to affect anyone at this time anyway.

500hv.conus.png

Look at this, if they phase, look out forget about it its all over, lol!

500hv.conus.png

That would be amazing. An arctic blizzard.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wolfie09 said:

Most other guidance doesn't bring the PV as close as the gfs..

Would probably be some pretty good LES East-NE of the lakes me think..

icon_z500_vort_us_60 (1).png

Yeah, PV intrusions aren't that easy to forecast especially their Latitudinal extent southward but I'm sure it'll be somewhat closer than what the Icon is currently showing. Once they start moving Southward its kind of hard to stop them, lol, kind of like an Avalanche but alot of other factors are at play here so we'll see.

The EURO is completely different than all other guidance so many solutions are on the table for this week.

• Like 1