• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

13 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

How are you guys doing over there in Rochester? Do you still have a good snowpack?

Perhaps you'll get a few inches from the Lake Erie band.

About 10" snowpack as of yesterday, just getting a bit crusty on top with melting and re-freezing.

Another dusting this morning.

3 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Boo. Well, Freak seems to have the best chance in these parts.

Nah, this is a Mexico on North special.  We won't see much action at all especially considering we're in a pretty stable pattern right now with hot many SW's in the flow so what you see is pretty much what we'll get the next few days or so. Tomorrows is pretty much toast but we might see some postcard light snow tomorrow just enough to whiten everything back up.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Rgem farther north with the LES on Sunday night..So is the GFS..Which btw nailed this band in northern Oswego county from like 7 days out lol

snku_acc.us_ne - 2021-02-06T101437.668.png

Not surprised one bit as this pattern is just not a good one for Me and Matt & points South and I knew this so its really not a disappointment to me cause I've seen it too many times in my 18yrs of living here.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Nah, this is a Mexico on North special.  We won't see much action at all especially considering we're in a pretty stable pattern right now with hot many SW's in the flow so what you see is pretty much what we'll get the next few days or so. Tomorrows is pretty much toast but we might see some postcard light snow tomorrow just enough to whiten everything back up.

Hopefully we can get a nice burst on Tuesday.

1 minute ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Not surprised one bit as this pattern is just not a good one for Me and Matt & points South and I knew this so its really not a disappointment to me cause I've seen it too many times in my 18yrs of living here.

You're more experienced with the local climo...what pattern is best for us? I seriously sit here and wonder what it takes for Syracuse to reach its average. I thought Lows passing to the SE would still provide us with NW flow and some snows. Just seems like no pattern works out for us...so, what is best?

2 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

We need another train of Clippers like we saw last week or the week before. Thats when we get most of our snows here and in CNY

Looks like you just answered my question...lol

Train of clippers? I must have missed it...because I don't remember anything impressive? Even the system this week was a mess.

This upcoming week had looked like it might produce...but not so sure now? Models have had such rapid changes from run to run.

• Like 1

We'll see how it works out, never know with LES lol Rgem for example starts it west, veers WNW and then backs up west/WSW..I think we all probably see some snow..You have one system going north with it's associated CF and another LP off the east coast.. Maybe some sort of convergence band..Winds area all over the place at the surface..

rgem_mslp_wind_neus_47 (1).png

• Like 1