Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
AMZ8990

2 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

You gonna give us the play-by-play?  :guitar:

I will politely leave that to John - I may chime in if it is good.  He has been doing a great job for the past few nights and has brought the good mojo.  Since, I don't have to handle virtual school duties tomorrow, I may try to stay up - but I am out of shape(meaning I am not used to late night model shenanigans!).  

@Holston_River_Rambler, has the UKMET run yet?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

I will politely leave that to John - I may chime in if it is good.  He has been doing a great job for the past few nights and has brought the good mojo.  Since, I don't have to handle virtual school duties tomorrow, I may try to stay up - but I am out of shape(meaning I am not used to late night model shenanigans!).  

@Holston_River_Rambler, has the UKMET run yet?

Hopefully not stealing Holston's thunder but from what I saw it looks like an App runner in the same general time frame. It lays down a little snow but the lows placement makes it a welcome but minor event. Not what we want but definitely in line with stovepipes words.
EDIT: I rescind my prior statement on the App Runner the website I use reverts to a prior run if you are past where it has initialized the present one.
EDIT 2: https://weather.us/model-charts/gbr/2020122012/usa-east/sea-level-pressure/20201224-1800z.html @Carvers Gap

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlunderStorm said:

Hopefully not stealing Holston's thunder but from what I saw it looks like an App runner in the same general time frame. It lays down a little snow but the lows placement makes it a welcome but minor event. Not what we want but definitely in line with stovepipes words.

What site do you use for the UKMET?  I can see it on the MeteoCentre website.  Increments are too far apart for me to make any kind of inferences.  

1 minute ago, TellicoWx said:

Would like to see an ensemble of the CMC...OP was close to nailing the whole eastern valley

The Canadian has the initial thump then a secondary piece of energy moves from middle Tennessee SE towards the southeast areas of the forum. Snows lightly basically all night into Christmas morning over parts of the area.  

Has an unfortunate snow hole. North Georgia people would be ecstatic. 

snku_acc.us_ov.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TellicoWx said:

Generated the Lee side low slightly to far to the NE

Screenshot_20201221-000934_Chrome.jpg

That'll do right there.  And yeah, the CMC almost went to a weak Miller A.  Weak impulse moved from GC states up through the Piedmont.  As MRX noted, with such a strong front, climatology supports the genesis of a slp along that front.  

Just now, Carvers Gap said:

That'll do right there.  And yeah, the CMC almost went to a weak Miller A.  Weak impulse moved from GC states up through the Piedmont.  As MRX noted, with such a strong front, climatology supports the genesis of a slp along that front.  

Yeah noticed the same on the GEFs...few members now going almost toward a more traditional Miller A

• Like 2

Just now, John1122 said:

If we can land the cold, that is great. If not, I don't want mixing issues and warm noses anywhere around.  

I think you will have no worries...southern valley possibly. The number of members now spitting out 2"+ amounts down into north central AL and NW GA has certainly got my attention lol

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TellicoWx said:

Yeah noticed the same on the GEFs...few members now going almost toward a more traditional Miller A

Will be interesting to see if this trends stronger.  A powerful front like this "should" have the potential to tap the GOM and form a low.  The front is moving so fast, it might limit slp formation until it gets past our latitude though...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

Will be interesting to see if this trends stronger.  A powerful front like this "should" have the potential to tap the GOM and form a low.  The front is moving so fast, it might limit slp formation until it gets past our latitude though...

The one thing that is sticking out to me (and we have all seen it before)..is usually at some point even the GEFs loses a storm and brings it back (alot of wavering run to run)...it has been a really long time since I can remember the GEFs maintain a system this long (strengthening with each subsequent run this far out)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, John1122 said:

The Canadian has the initial thump then a secondary piece of energy moves from middle Tennessee SE towards the southeast areas of the forum. Snows lightly basically all night into Christmas morning over parts of the area.  

Has an unfortunate snow hole. North Georgia people would be ecstatic. 

snku_acc.us_ov.png

0z UKie has a similar piece that tries to dive in the backside...(stripe across AL)...starting to pickup up a potential phase maybe?

Screenshot_20201221-004058_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

• Mr Bob pinned this topic
  • Mr Bob unpinned this topic