Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
“Let’s Talk Winter!

Steve

Just now, dilly84 said:

Here are soundings for my location.. yet, same results. Sleet the entire time.. 

. image.thumb.png.49f4631fd0e5ebeadc74272a3636d55d.png

That's after the cold air crashes in and flips you back to snow. Here's for the part that has you mixing. It's right on the edge. These soundings are in celcius so you'd want 3-4 degrees F colder to be comfortable.

2 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

Don't worry, the GFS will come in and be a Benzo.

I guess just never seen such cold wanna be half sleet. Not when the path the low follows is in cold air the entire time. But hell, learn something new all the time. OH is about as bad as Florida is for snow(sarcasm obviously)

Can't express how much of relief it is to see that WV icon popping up in the most recent message on the thread preview.

Totals aside--- the winds combined with (what?) 6" over a six hour period = criteria for Blizzard Warning? -- isn't there some standard here?

Have to believe there wouldn't be wide-spread conditions for that criteria... NO?

9 minutes ago, Gino27 said:

Rgem held and that’s about it. Gfs puts everyone near I-71 in the danger zone. I can feel this one slipping away...

Like Pondo said, gonna be globals vs Americans. I usually strictly stick with models, but gut is telling me to not believe this sleet storm stuff american models are pushing.

Man you guys got the patient buried and embalmed before the operation :lol:

Food for thought...the anecdotal kind

1. When aren't we on the line?  I mean that's how we roll.

2. More often than not, these nail biters that we follow every last model run on tend to work out.  Feb 2014, Dec. 04.  Ironically the ones we think we're safe on are the ones that punch us in the gut, Feb 07 comes to mind.

3. This storm has another one right on its ass, which favors more progression. 

4. First true arctic press involved all season.

5. Expansive snow cover over the entire state.

Relax, this is what makes this hobby so interesting.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Man you guys got the patient buried and embalmed before the operation :lol:

Food for thought...the anecdotal kind

1. When aren't we on the line?  I mean that's how we roll.

2. More often than not, these nail biters that we follow every last model run on tend to work out.  Feb 2014, Dec. 04.  Ironically the ones we think we're safe on are the ones that punch us in the gut, Feb 07 comes to mind.

3. This storm has another one right on its ass, which favors more progression. 

4. First true arctic press involved all season.

5. Expansive snow cover over the entire state.

Relax, this is what makes this hobby so interesting.

It's nowcast time anyway.  Forger the models at this point.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Gino27 said:

We’ll see how it goes. To me that sounding is sleet but anything can happen at this point. 

How much would it even matter anyway?  If the temperature profile actually looks like that, the flake quality would be piss poor/rimed and likely result in a period of inefficient accumulation, until it cools off.

On another note, welcome back buckeye.  I have a special place in my heart for the original members of the boards, of which he is one.  Left, right, whatever, it doesn't matter, because the common passion for weather trumps all in my book.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

On another note, welcome back buckeye.  I have a special place in my heart for the original members of the boards, of which he is one.  Left, right, whatever, it doesn't matter, because the common passion for weather trumps all in my book.

:thumbsup: yup, 25 years plus with some of us.

5 minutes ago, Gino27 said:

I'm dead even between Marysville and Dublin so technically I could be safe, but I keep thinking of that big January storm in 2019 where I just rained, rained, rained. 

Yea that one last year sucked but we did get some redemption towards the end.  That was more of a dryslot situation where we ended up with hours of drizzle.  This one looks to have pretty heavy rates with the main low coming in.