Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Who is the most annoying chaser?

KPITSnow

On 8/27/2020 at 7:08 PM, hlcater said:

A BP of 210/130 and constant diarrhea of the mouth are just part of the Jeff Piotrowski experience. 

He is horrible during hurricanes. He Tries to make every gust of wind  an EF5 tornado and it just keeps going on for hours. 

He'll repeat something like "There's another 150,000 mph wind gust, man eating anacondas are flying off the side of the building, godzilla fire breath just vaporized another car windshield" about 1000 times over the course of the night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm going to base mine on the three I am more familiar with. Anyone who is not on this list are just clicks to me for my viewing pleasure when they have the best seats in the house during a storm. Faces that I don't and won't remember. Being forgettable isn't always a bad thing though. 

1) Brett Adair - Love the guy, and can't say a negative thing about him. By far my favorite "Known" chaser. He gives me down to earth vibes and someone I wouldn't feel intimidated to be around. 

2  Reed Timmer - He's a odd one for me. I used to absolutely hate him, but he has been growing on me the last few years. I think him getting older is making him more mature nowadays. His lack of maturity was always my main issue with him. Will I grow into following him on the regular? Absolutely not. He is too "Mainstream" and has a celebrity aura attached to him. That is not necessarily a bad thing, it is just something I'm not personally into. With all that said, I see growth happening with him and I appreciate that. A side note for Reed if you read this... sack that annoying guy that was in the vehicle with you during the Laura stream. You know, the one that couldn't say a sentence without stuffing 6 cuss words in it. He is going to get you and your stream in trouble and plus it is a sign of someone without intelligence. Your viewers will thank you for it. ;)

3 Jeff Piotrowski -  Here is where I'm going to get a little mean. Before I say anything else, I will say that I used to really enjoy him. Sometime after the Joplin tornado he started to gradually get worse for me. His Laura stream sealed the deal on me ever watching him again. It was a definition of a disaster stream if I ever seen one. Jeff has major ego issues and think his sh*t don't stink. I lost count on how many times he was bragging about viewership numbers like one of those instagram ho's. During a pivotal moment of the storm, and as he was showing us viewers how awesome a wall looked and missing majority of the action inside the parking garage, he kept screeching how media was going to pay him for his video if they wanted it. I have no problem if someone wants to get paid for their work, it just could have been handled more professionally. Those of you who watched his stream know EXACTLY the moment that I am talking about. It was a yikes moment if I ever seen one. Come off that high horse Jeff, your video was nothing worthy of being bought. Every single other chaser had a better stream of Laura than you, including the lesser known chasers. Also, he was screeching and getting mad about people calling him during a portion of his stream that I almost threw my headphones across the room from all the yelling. Does he know there is a button to turn off the volume on a smartphone?<_< Another thing that annoyed me was that he was FALSELY stating wind speeds of the hurricane numerous times. He stated the backside of the hurricane had 150 mph winds coming in, when other verified sources posted what the actual wind speeds were coming into Lake Charles on the backside. He is as bad as those Mets that give EF ratings to tornadoes while they are hitting. Jeff needs to cut his crazy theatrics. Instead of a chaser, he comes across as a helpless civilian caught in Nature's fury. The dude needs to eat some humble pie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to base mine on the three I am more familiar with. Anyone who is not on this list are just clicks to me for my viewing pleasure when they have the best seats in the house during a storm. Faces that I don't and won't remember. Being forgettable isn't always a bad thing though. 
1) Brett Adair - Love the guy, and can't say a negative thing about him. By far my favorite "Known" chaser. He gives me down to earth vibes and someone I wouldn't feel intimidated to be around. 
2  Reed Timmer - He's a odd one for me. I used to absolutely hate him, but he has been growing on me the last few years. I think him getting older is making him more mature nowadays. His lack of maturity was always my main issue with him. Will I grow into following him on the regular? Absolutely not. He is too "Mainstream" and has a celebrity aura attached to him. That is not necessarily a bad thing, it is just something I'm not personally into. With all that said, I see growth happening with him and I appreciate that. A side not for Reed if you read this... sack that annoying guy that was in the vehicle with you during the Laura stream. You know, the one that couldn't say a sentence without stuffing 6 cuss words in it. He is going to get you and your stream in trouble and plus it is a sign of someone without intelligence. Your viewers will thank you for it. 
 3 Jeff Piotrowski -  Here is where I'm going to get a little mean. Before I say anything else, I will say that I used to really enjoy him. Sometime after the Joplin tornado he started to gradually get worse for me. His Laura stream sealed the deal on me ever watching him again. It was a definition of a disaster stream if I ever seen one. Jeff has major ego issues and think his sh*t don't stink. I lost count on how many times he was bragging about viewership numbers like one of those instagram ho's. During a pivotal moment of the storm, and as he was showing us viewers how awesome a wall looked and missing majority of the action inside the parking garage, he kept screeching how media was going to pay him for his video if they wanted it. I have no problem if someone wants to get paid for their work, it just could have been handled more professionally. Those of you who watched his stream know EXACTLY the moment that I am talking about. It was a yikes moment if I ever seen one. Come off that high horse Jeff, your video was nothing worthy of being bought. Every single other chaser had a better stream of Laura than you, including the lesser known chasers. Also, he was screeching and getting mad about people calling him during a portion of his stream that I almost threw my headphones across the room from all the yelling. Does he know there is a button to turn off the volume on a smartphone?<_ thing that annoyed me he was falsely stating wind speeds of the hurricane numerous times. stated backside had mph winds coming in when other verified sources posted what actual were into lake charles on backside. is as bad those mets give ef ratings to tornadoes while they are hitting. jeff needs cut his crazy theatrics. instead a chaser comes across helpless civilian caught nature fury. dude eat some humble pie.>  
You left off our very own AmericanWx member "Hurricane Man" Josh...

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Orangeburgwx said:

You left off our very own AmericanWx member "Hurricane Man" Josh...

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

That one slipped my mind since I don't follow hurricane related stuff. In fact, this is the first year that I started watching chasing streams of hurricanes. I mostly watch tornado and severe weather stuff. I have seen that guy in youtube videos before, but I don't know him enough to rate him good or bad. 

I really enjoyed the "immature" Reed Timmer who was genuinely excited about the chase and wanted to take us along with him whether the storm panned out or not.  After watching the Laura feed, I absolutely cant stand him.  His persona has been corrupted for commercialized purposes.  The Laura chase completely exposed who he is now, constantly asking his cameraman "Chris" how he wanted to set up the next shot.  We got to see his canned reactions practiced over and over again to be filmed for distribution to news outlets.  I get it, thats his living and the intensity sells.  But knowing what we are seeing today from Reed is total BS dramatically alters his watchability for me.  It used to be passion and curiousity in the "old days".  Now its "hey Chris, how loud do you want me to scream on this next shot?"

Get rid of the crew Reed and just be you.  

1 hour ago, kvegas-wx said:

I really enjoyed the "immature" Reed Timmer who was genuinely excited about the chase and wanted to take us along with him whether the storm panned out or not.  After watching the Laura feed, I absolutely cant stand him.  His persona has been corrupted for commercialized purposes.  The Laura chase completely exposed who he is now, constantly asking his cameraman "Chris" how he wanted to set up the next shot.  We got to see his canned reactions practiced over and over again to be filmed for distribution to news outlets.  I get it, thats his living and the intensity sells.  But knowing what we are seeing today from Reed is total BS dramatically alters his watchability for me.  It used to be passion and curiousity in the "old days".  Now its "hey Chris, how loud do you want me to scream on this next shot?"

Get rid of the crew Reed and just be you.  

You just gotta get into his Walmart recipes and constantly injured dog

Easily Jeff P. His constants "end of the world" type tone and screaming constantly "here comes the worst guys!" drove me crazy last night.
I distinctly remember watching a chase of his where he dropped the camera during a tornado live stream and started screaming about power flashes and things blowing up we couldn't see.

Agreed.