• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wxRob_Coleman
    Newest Member
    wxRob_Coleman

January 14-16 Winter Storm Potential

Here we are, another potential storm next Tuesday/Wednesday.  This one may have more cold air/existing snowcover to work with.  Maybe a candidate for a SE trend?

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Snowstorms said:

There's another one on the GFS right on the heels of this one on the 15th-16th. 

That was the one this thread was supposed to be for haha.

22 minutes ago, wisconsinwx said:

That was the one this thread was supposed to be for haha.

My apologies, I was unsure. 

But Hoosier has now fixed it for two separate events. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UMB WX said:

Waiting for, Jo Jo's - DOA

Been a while, hasn't it.

• Sad 1

Watching this storm pretty carefully for the GTA. Here's the latest model breakdown.

Euro: 3" 

GFS: 1-2"

NAM: <1"

CMC: 2-4" 

A majority of the snow falls Wed night so hopefully that can play a role in keeping the surface cold enough for frozen precip. If the low tracks just south of Lake Ontario, there is the possibility for some lake enhancement for Toronto proper. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

Watching this storm pretty carefully for the GTA. Here's the latest model breakdown.

Euro: 3" 

GFS: 1-2"

NAM: <1"

CMC: 2-4" 

A majority of the snow falls Wed night so hopefully that can play a role in keeping the surface cold enough for frozen precip. If the low tracks just south of Lake Ontario, there is the possibility for some lake enhancement for Toronto proper. 

I’ll be interesting if there’ll be an extra nudge south with this as we get closer. Currently the GTA is on the southern edge of the steady snowfall.

13 minutes ago, Toronto4 said:

I’ll be interesting if there’ll be an extra nudge south with this as we get closer. Currently the GTA is on the southern edge of the steady snowfall.

Yeah I agree. Hoping it trends just a bit further south. Could be a decent 5-10cm if it does.

Any hope left with this one for Toronto/Ontario posters?  In Wisconsin some places in the northern half of the state may see 1-2” and it looks like MKE should stay mostly frozen, but with low QPF probably a half inch of snow accumulation at most.

7 hours ago, wisconsinwx said:

Any hope left with this one for Toronto/Ontario posters?  In Wisconsin some places in the northern half of the state may see 1-2” and it looks like MKE should stay mostly frozen, but with low QPF probably a half inch of snow accumulation at most.

Yeah same. Not looking like much this way either. Heaviest snow falls well north of us. Maybe an inch if were lucky. 

There wasn't much lift or room for the storm to grow. Jet stream is pretty progressive.